New wire harness, pickups...

rbraad68

Reaction score
This Chinese made Epiphone Les Paul came with 2 wire humbuckers. I had to buy new four wire humbuckers and quick connects.
When I got my first few epiphones I went thru the same thing your going thru now. I am not to great at soldering those little wires .. I try and use the quik connect when i have to.. Kepp us posted man seems like you are working it out...

rbraad68

Reaction score
I will definitely be ordering a new 3 way toggle switch. This one is shitty..
Are you good at soldering?? If so order a switch craft toggle . You can either get the pre wired switch or just the switch. The switch you would just solder on to the old switches wire or with the pre wired one you would just splice the plug on to the end of it...
292019673_5322409877828529_7909530779487662731_n.jpg

Reactions: NU9

moreles

Reaction score
"Quick connects." Neither quick nor connecting. It's easy to learn wiring, and the investment in doing so pays off in what you are then able to do... forever. Quick connections allow you to connects (maybe) quickly (maybe) so you can buy and use a small number of branded, preconceived, and prewired products later on. The quick-connection "system" could have been executed in a manner that accepts all pickups, with their different wiring codes, but, well, that would be more helpful but less controlling and manipulative, and businesses emphasize the latter.

rbraad68

Reaction score
"Quick connects." Neither quick nor connecting. It's easy to learn wiring, and the investment in doing so pays off in what you are then able to do... forever. Quick connections allow you to connects (maybe) quickly (maybe) so you can buy and use a small number of branded, preconceived, and prewired products later on. The quick-connection "system" could have been executed in a manner that accepts all pickups, with their different wiring codes, but, well, that would be more helpful but less controlling and manipulative, and businesses emphasize the latter.
Sounds like you know what you are doing so I ask you this??? How do put a cover back on my pup and not have any microphonic problems??? I got a project im doing just pop into the project pearly gates thread I could use your help man tha!!

Latest Threads