New wire harness, pickups...

Bubba TheBassMan

Reaction score
I just got done installing a push/pull wiring harness. Bought the quick connect pigtails, and the pickups to go with the quick connects to hookup up to volume pots. Plugged it in, and only get sound on the treble side of the 3 way toggle switch. Would anyone have an idea of what I am overlooking?

rbraad68

Reaction score
without any pictures of what you have done no.. Post pics maybe we can help you out....

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
Download an image resizer.

Bubba TheBassMan

Reaction score
IMG_20220714_144953_HDR~2.jpg

BadPenguin

Reaction score
If using windows, rght click on the image, select "edit" select "resize", select "pixels" and make the bigger number 1800, and save

rbraad68

Reaction score
Ok make sure you connections are good. Unplug the toggle and plug it back in. Everything look correct so just go back over your connections...

Bubba TheBassMan

Reaction score
Do you think that I could have the pickups wires and the quick connect wires crossed? I got the pickups from Amazon and the quick connects from eBay. I wired like Seymour Duncan does.

syco

Reaction score
If it's epi humbuckers and epi plugs ...... Color to color . Seymour duncan and epi use different color schemes for wiring .
Wire.jpg

Bubba TheBassMan

Reaction score
I have her singing again, and sounding better than new... I followed that top diagram. Come to find out... I switched the quick connects around, and did some work on the three way toggle switch....

Bubba TheBassMan

Reaction score
Thank you... If I could get the 3 way toggle switch to cooperate, and the low E string to stay off the frets after the 12th fret. I would be a happy camper. It's a brand new toggle switch off eBay from China I believe. I'm going to see if I can swap parts from the original one. To fit the new. I'll figure it out though. The beginning of Bubba Lee Electronics Repair. I would much rather build basses. This Chinese Les Paul has given me the blues.

Bubba TheBassMan

Reaction score
This is the one that has given me the blues...

Attachments

• IMG_20220714_222808_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20220714_222808_HDR~2.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 9

rbraad68

Reaction score
Thank you... If I could get the 3 way toggle switch to cooperate, and the low E string to stay off the frets after the 12th fret. I would be a happy camper. It's a brand new toggle switch off eBay from China I believe. I'm going to see if I can swap parts from the original one. To fit the new. I'll figure it out though. The beginning of Bubba Lee Electronics Repair. I would much rather build basses. This Chinese Les Paul has given me the blues.
was your stock one quik connect? If so use that one for now and order yourself a nice Switch Craft to throw in there...

Bubba TheBassMan

Reaction score
This Chinese made Epiphone Les Paul came with 2 wire humbuckers. I had to buy new four wire humbuckers and quick connects.

Latest Threads