New Vintage Guitar Day! Rare Lefty!!!

Lefty Elmo

Reaction score
I saw this pop up on Facebook and said to myself, "Oh shit!, well here's another dream guitar that I won't be able to afford!"When I scrolled through the description and got to the price, I thought I might be able to pull it off.. My wife was on board, and so was my credit union. Alex, from Lefty Vintage Guitars was great to work with, we speak from time to time, and I sold him a guitar in the past, but this was my first purchase from him. I couldn't recommend anyone more highly! So, without further ado, here is my dream guitar: a lefty 1964 ES-345! I was thinking of re-wiring it, but after realizing how cool stereo wiring really is, I'm hooked! The Pat. Sticker pickups sound amazing through my Deluxe Reverb,, and the overall sound is warm and harmonically rich. I finally found my forever guitar!

Attachments

Last edited:

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Good for you man where there is a will there is a way im excited for ya :thumb:

bwillard

Reaction score
Congratulations! That is a BEAUTY! Lefties are probably pretty hard to find. Especially vintage!

Lefty Elmo

Reaction score
Well, I'm still loving this beauty! JB Abides found a ton of info on Jimmy Fey, who was the original owner of my guitar. He played in a band, first named The Unknown?, then The Unknowns, then Spur. They were a regional band from Illinois. They never hit the big-time, but opened for some heavy-weights, including Cream. I received a call from Rick Willard, who the the bass player for the band, which broke up in 1972. He provided a ton of info about Jimmy and the band days. He also sent me an unopened copy of their album "Spur Of The Moment", from 1968. The album is signed by the band., very cool !!
jimmy fey.jpg
lefty  64 es 345 aa.jpg

Lefty Elmo

Reaction score
Jimmy ensured his immortality when he ordered this guitar with his name inlayed in the fingerboard.. The board was swapped out for a more traditional look before the guitar came to market this most recent time. It was the link to finding out who the original owner was.

Moni

Reaction score
Well, I'm still loving this beauty! JB Abides found a ton of info on Jimmy Fey, who was the original owner of my guitar. He played in a band, first named The Unknown?, then The Unknowns, then Spur. They were a regional band from Illinois. They never hit the big-time, but opened for some heavy-weights, including Cream. I received a call from Rick Willard, who the the bass player for the band, which broke up in 1972. He provided a ton of info about Jimmy and the band days. He also sent me an unopened copy of their album "Spur Of The Moment", from 1968. The album is signed by the band., very cool !!View attachment 403475View attachment 403477
OMG! What an amazing guitar and such an amazing story to go with it! I love it!

It's so beautiful! Did you name it "Fey"?