New USMC Commandant

realjimjim

Reaction score
We need Flag Officers like this. If he can stand his ground when dealing with the gov't suits, we might have another "Georgie Patton." That would be not only refreshing, but turn those troops into "razors.":thumb:

what about this guy?

Attachments

• Gen. Butler & US Marines in  China 1929 - 1930 # 001.jpg
    Gen. Butler & US Marines in China 1929 - 1930 # 001.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 34

mtgguitar

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
They get away with the documenting photographs for bodily identification reasons..

really.. you get hit with a motar or RPG.. some poor bastid eventually got to pick up the pieces and send you back to mom.

Try getting an infected tattoo once.. they can, and will, give you an article 15 for "destruciton of government property"!

on another note..
General Conway, CMC from 2006-2010, has a big assed log cabin about a mile from my house, right behind my buddy Slicks place. Met him several times

Funny... Other service officers that retire... pretty much look like every other guy.. a retired Marine.. still looks like a Marine!! LOL

I worked for Conway when he was a battalion commander in the first Gulf War.

duck2k

Reaction score
what about this guy?

I looked him up again. I read about the business plot in 1933, but what I did NOT know about him was he was the highest decorated Marine. One of 19 to have 2 CMH's. That is one natural heroic sunofabitch - a Marine's Marine!:thumb:

realjimjim

Reaction score
I looked him up again. I read about the business plot in 1933, but what I did NOT know about him was he was the highest decorated Marine. One of 19 to have 2 CMH's. That is one natural heroic sunofabitch - a Marine's Marine!:thumb:

I think I recall he was actually put in for three CMH's but since he was an officer he was disqualified for one, back then officers could not get the CMH . . . I'll try and do some research when I get a chance.

RichardH

Reaction score
I think I recall he was actually put in for three CMH's but since he was an officer he was disqualified for one, back then officers could not get the CMH . . . I'll try and do some research when I get a chance.
Not to be an asshole, but its official title is "Medal of Honor" , there's no such thing as the "congressional medal of honor"

TOMMYTHUNDERS

Reaction score
just so i'm sure what i'm seeing... the initial report (which is false) essentially painted the picture of a war hungry mad man and before people here realized it was a joke they were excited about it...

:iough:

Hamtone

Reaction score
Hes not a mad man. He is a warrior firm and fourthright he leads Marines and Marines carry out the orders of the president of the United States. He leads his men with passion andhis men respect him because he will get and has, gotten his hands dirty.

Hamtone

Reaction score
Is that smedly butler? I cant see the pic well on my phone.

TOMMYTHUNDERS

Reaction score
just so i'm sure what i'm seeing... the initial report (which is false) essentially painted the picture of a war hungry mad man and before people here realized it was a joke they were excited about it...

Hes not a mad man. He is a warrior firm and fourthright he leads Marines and Marines carry out the orders of the president of the United States. He leads his men with passion andhis men respect him because he will get and has, gotten his hands dirty.

reread my post. my issue is not with him, i don't know him. my issue is with the excitement people expressed over how he was characterized, before realizing it was in jest.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score

When I pay a man to do killing in my name, I expect him to be the best killer he can be.

If you pay taxes, your hands are bloody too. You just get to pretend that they're clean.

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
When I pay a man to do killing in my name, I expect him to be the best killer he can be.

If you pay taxes, your hands are bloody too. You just get to pretend that they're clean.

Problem is, it's not the collective 'us' really doing the sending to kill in foreign lands, but a tiny group of 535 people making those decisions, elected by a vast minority of US citizens. I want our soldiers to be feared as well, but to also tend to our real needs, not just an elite group.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
Problem is, it's not the collective 'us' really doing the sending to kill in foreign lands, but a tiny group of 535 people making those decisions, elected by a vast minority of US citizens. I want our soldiers to be feared as well, but to also tend to our real needs, not just an elite group.

Agreed. This is why being politically active is crucial. I don't know if regular folk can wrest power from the moneyed interests as matters stand, but I know that without trying, failure is certain.

TOMMYTHUNDERS

Reaction score

sorry, just saw this,

nobody kills in my name. i have not authorized any such actions, nor do i approve of any.

Latest Threads