New USMC Commandant

mtgguitar

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's refreshing hearing a dose of truth within the profession of arms, too often we become PowerPointed to death and fail to see the big picture. I certainly agree with him on the tats, most of my soldiers do to because they also have sleeves. :laugh2:

The USMC cracked down on tats a few years ago.

Young gangbangers join the military and they have membership ink.

Recruits are examined for tats, those with drug, gang or obscene images are turned away. Recruits then have their bodies photographed while in gym/workout shorts. They are not allowed to add more ink later.

The military is still over-values uniformity.

tex_lt

Banned
Reaction score
No shit. Even back when I was in, there were too many who forgot that our missions in wartime always boiled down to either killing people and breaking things, or, like me, providing support for those who did.

No matter how fancy you make the handle look, at the other end of the spear, it's sharp and shiny, and has blood-grooves.

Yes Sir. :thumb:

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
Why is it pronounced core, but spelled corps?

It's derived from the French (as are many military terms), "cors", the word meaning "body" (as in, "main body of troops"). The French have funny pronunciation.

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Quite a few of the military terms common used by US forces actually have their origins via France. Many of our basic military formations are named directly after terms that were originally popularized (if not necessarily coined) by Napoleon.

The etymologies of the words infantry and patrol are particularly amusing.

--R

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Our POTUS calls them corpsemen. Get it right!

H.E.L.Shane

Reaction score

Recruits are examined for tats, those with drug, gang or obscene images are turned away. Recruits then have their bodies photographed while in gym/workout shorts. They are not allowed to add more ink later.

They get away with the documenting photographs for bodily identification reasons..

really.. you get hit with a motar or RPG.. some poor bastid eventually got to pick up the pieces and send you back to mom.

Try getting an infected tattoo once.. they can, and will, give you an article 15 for "destruciton of government property"!

H.E.L.Shane

Reaction score

They get away with the documenting photographs for bodily identification reasons..

really.. you get hit with a motar or RPG.. some poor bastid eventually got to pick up the pieces and send you back to mom.

Try getting an infected tattoo once.. they can, and will, give you an article 15 for "destruciton of government property"!

on another note..

General Conway, CMC from 2006-2010, has a big assed log cabin about a mile from my house, right behind my buddy Slicks place. Met him several times

Funny... Other service officers that retire... pretty much look like every other guy.. a retired Marine.. still looks like a Marine!! LOL
480px-James_T._Conway%2C_official_military_photo_portrait%2C_2006.jpg

duck2k

Reaction score
We need Flag Officers like this. If he can stand his ground when dealing with the gov't suits, we might have another "Georgie Patton." That would be not only refreshing, but turn those troops into "razors.":thumb:

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Oh wait that was off Duffelblog?? Sheeeyat had me goin.

Hamtone

Reaction score
Mad dog Mattis is about as hard as the anchor in the EGA. He's very well respected by Marines regardless of their rank, everyone knows this man. He is the epitome of hardcharger , this guy will personally fk your day if you cross him.

He should be great

Hamtone

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTXzcILPPp8]Generation Kill: General Mattis - YouTube[/ame]

Gen Mattis lol

Latest Threads