New (used) 2012 TV Yellow Les Paul Special

studio1087

Reaction score
This came from a GC in NC. Found using their online used gear search feature. I've had good luck with that feature. Looked at it. Called the store (right at time closing time). I asked a sales guy to hold it and describe every inch. It had no case and I asked for a cheap generic gig bag just for shipping and he agreed. It arrived in a new triangular Gibson bag (thanks GC guy!).

I've wanted a TV Yellow Gibson Guitar for years. I have a 2012 P90 Special and now it has a humbucker 2012 brother.

20170905_164611.jpg
20170905_164535.jpg

20170905_171656.jpg
20170905_164634.jpg

Here's the bro Special.....

IMG_1092.jpg

Funny/cool thing.....the sales guy (sounded younger) got very enthusiastic and he started explaining the whole history of what TV Yellow is and how it came to be and I almost let him ramble but after a couple minutes I told him that I knew all of this. I appreciate people who are really passionate about guitar and music. I just should have listened. It was cool. I'll probably never meet the guy but it was nice to buy from someone who gets that fired up about guitar stories.

It has a chunky neck. I like fatties. The gloss and neck binding are nice. The frets are really good. No sprout, no finger rippers, nothing weird. TV Yellow! It's a bit louder than TV Yellow but it's not like its Corvette Yellow.

Yellow Keeper. I finally got one. :dude:

Last edited:

barchiola

Reaction score
very nice, i happen to like the TV yellow ones also. I don't know the story though so I'll have to go look that up now!
Good luck with it, hope it all works out for you

Latest Threads