New toy... ESP Eclipse!!!

Saiko

Reaction score
My new guitar, well new to me. It's used but not abused. Just got it today, LP Style ESP Eclipse. The lawsuit model that Gibson won't allow to be made or sold in the US. Just showing it off because it kicks ass! I love this guitar already! :thumb:

qwank

Reaction score
oh crap!! an Eclipse I!!!! those are awesome!!:dude:

Saiko

Reaction score
The EMGs sound great! I play passives in my Gibson LPs so this is a nice switch up for the heavier stuff or when I want a different sound but still in the LP range. I am changing the pickup rings to cream and putting pearl buttons on the tuners and switched the Duncan straplocks to my preferred Schallers. The rest will stay like it is until it gets so beat up I have to refinish it, LOL. I *MAY* put chrome EMGs in it though... hmmm

EDIT: Got it on fleabay for about $800 US.

WildeStarr

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That guitar looks so much better with the Gibson style control set-up.
I hate the 3 controls on the USA models.

Saiko

Reaction score
I agree. I have been watching E-Bay for the past few months for an import model to jump on because I don't like the USA Eclipses with the funny cutaway and 3-knob setup. It was well worth the wait and definitely holds its own with my Gibson LPs, although my Gibson LP Studio is still #1, this is looking to be almost right behind it at #2.

The_Sentry

Reaction score
Wow...that quilt top is HOT!!!! (I'll bet that sucker is solid as well. ESP does maketh nice guitars! :dude: )

pimphat

Reaction score
Thats awesome! $800 is a steal. I've allways wanted one of those. Can you tell me what the neck profile is like?

Saiko

Reaction score
Neck profile is thin. Kinda like my LP Juniors neck but with XJ frets.

Yeah, so the screws were really rusted on this one because apparently the previous owner didn't wipe them down or keep them clean. I had to break off the pickup rings to get them off as the screws were so rusted and then unscrew the screws with pliers, nicking the finish by the bridge pickup ring in the process... It is a small spot that can be easily touched up but I am irritated right now. On the plus side, I really like it with cream pickup rings to match the binding and now that I have new screws in it, I can easily change back if I want. (I ordered a new set of black pickup rings, already had the cream ones.) Oh, and it came with a SKB hard case which is solid as a rock.

I am really thinking Chrome EMGs would complete the look, what do you guys think?

Reaction score
that will become #1 nice axe!

cynic79

Reaction score

Yeah, so the screws were really rusted on this one because apparently the previous owner didn't wipe them down or keep them clean. I had to break off the pickup rings to get them off as the screws were so rusted and then unscrew the screws with pliers, nicking the finish by the bridge pickup ring in the process... It is a small spot that can be easily touched up but I am irritated right now. On the plus side, I really like it with cream pickup rings to match the binding and now that I have new screws in it, I can easily change back if I want. (I ordered a new set of black pickup rings, already had the cream ones.) Oh, and it came with a SKB hard case which is solid as a rock.

I am really thinking Chrome EMGs would complete the look, what do you guys think?
Looks nice as is, but I think the chrome EMGs would really compliment the guitar.

whateverlikesgadge

Reaction score
Very nice, I remember wanting one of these when they first came out but what puts me off in a small way is the shape of the inlays otherwise I would'dve got a viper also. Nice guitar...:thumb:

Curlymaple

Reaction score

Definitely chrome! That would be sweet! Congratz:applause:
Excellent price.
Wish mine has that same knob set up... either way, I like mine a lot too.:dude:

Saiko

Reaction score
Two quick videos of me messing around with my bedroom practice amp. I'm not a great player by any means and these are kinda just on the fly through a basic amp. Not the best videos but they were just quick tests. My "G" string was a bit out of tune on the clean test but I didn't wanna redo such a simple video as it is kinda pointless. Perhaps I should do a few through my half-stack. But why bother? We all know EMGs sound bad and certainly can't do good clean tones. :D :laugh2:

Clean:

Dirty:

Last edited by a moderator:

Saiko

Reaction score
Just posting this. Some guy on the ESP forums was kind enough to do a mock-up of the guitar with chrome covers. I will probably do mine without the fake polepieces but I think I am definitely settled on the chrome EMGs. I will sand them down and add my own covers as I don't want to risk changing the sound too much by ordering a new set of chrome EMGs.

Horse

Reaction score
ah man, ive wanted to get my hands on one of these for ages!

These babies are well known as being top axes. well done bro, good score!

that was post 666 for me hehehe