New to the Les Paul world, here’s my latest baby

Anzi

Reaction score
So, I finally bought a Les Paul after wanting one for a while. Got an Epi Classic Faded in Purple. Sounds great and plays great after setting it up. Have some mods planned for it soon, but for now, have some pics!
A4FA4D7F-F2BB-45F4-859F-2DAFEF3B2450.jpeg
89294884-026B-4A9F-82FD-163959B5372B.jpeg

Thundermtn

Reaction score
Sweet! Congrats, love the color and zebra's.

P.s. welcome to the forum.

Anzi

Reaction score
Sweet! Congrats, love the color and zebra's.

P.s. welcome to the forum.
Thanks! I was lurking for a little bit bud figured I’d join and document the upgrades I’ll be doing to this thing. Definitely gonna replace all the electro aside from the pickups

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum!

Wow, it's a great guitar.
Very bold color!
:thumb:

May I suggest some Top Hat Reflector knobs on that Baby?

:dunno:

Anzi

Reaction score
Really ? What do you expect from those changes ?
Well I’m going with a Jimmy Page schematic using CTS push-pulls, gonna put in a Switchcraft toggle over had laying in my toolbox for three years, and I’m gonna wire it up with 22ga braided wire or just some cloth wrapped stuff between pots. Mostly doing it for the ridiculous tonal versatility and for shits and giggles. Also, I like doing clean harnesses in any guitar.

Anzi

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum!

Wow, it's a great guitar.
Very bold color!
:thumb:

May I suggest some Top Hat Reflector knobs on that Baby?

:dunno:
If I can get my hands on the Epiphone ridged ones, I may try those out. I really like that little feature for the push-pulls

rikko

Reaction score
Lovin' that purple!!!

ENJOY!!!

Razzle

Reaction score
Epiphone really did it right with that color, can't tell you how many times guitars turn out fuscia WISHING they were purple (FWP syndrome).

Congratulations!!

Welcome to the Forum too!

cybermgk

Singin' the body lectric
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
CONGRATS/ Not sure I like the gold knobs with that finish though. Silver or black maybe

Martijn R.

Reaction score
Congratulations!

I am thinking about buying one of these (likely in black), save the pickups for the time being and change the electronics similar to you, not sure yet about which schematic to choose.

How are you liking the worn finish? It is supposed to be quite a thin finish apparently and a maple cap as opposed to just a veneer (see Trogly review on yt). The one thing i see mixed opinions on is if these have any weight relief.

I have a LTD EC-256 where everything was changed to get closer to a LP sound but it has no maple cap and it does not have the LP knob layout, the Epi classic worn seems like a fun next project.

BadPenguin

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and the insane family!
Loving the color on that beastie!
The Page wiring...... don't. Pickups may not be 4 conductor, which you need to do the wiring. And having a guitar with similar, you may never use it, and if you do, it's a pain to remember the combinations! Get used to the standard tones, maybe make pickup height adjustments, you know the drill.
Have I mentioned the uber cool color?

BRMarshall

Reaction score
Congratulations, looks extremely nice. The finish looks very sharp. I usually think of a "worn" finish having sections of the paint/stain missing, supposedly in the locations that would wear from long term play - like buying jeans with holes already in them, but I digress. The purple on your guitar looks great!

BRMarshall

Reaction score
Wiring looks nice and clean. How is the sound compared to the stock wiring harness/pots?

skydog

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and the insane family!
Loving the color on that beastie!
The Page wiring...... don't. Pickups may not be 4 conductor, which you need to do the wiring. And having a guitar with similar, you may never use it, and if you do, it's a pain to remember the combinations! Get used to the standard tones, maybe make pickup height adjustments, you know the drill.
Have I mentioned the uber cool color?
Les Paul Classic Worn comes with a pair of Alnico Classic PRO humbuckers. You get uncompromising power whether you're playing rhythm or digging into a solo. Beyond that, the Les Paul Classic Worn includes coil-splitting, which adds a whole universe of single-coil sounds to your tonal repertoire.

Latest Threads