New to MLP and have Question

Jimi G

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to this forum, but not to LPs (Gibsons or Epiphones). About 6 months ago, I purchased an Epi Les Paul Studio Deluxe (white with gold hardware). I absolutely love it! For playability, accoustic and amplified tone, and resonance, you can't beat one of these in my book. Sustains forever. Plus with the chambered body, its extremely lite for an LP. Sorry for no pics (i know everybody loves em (me included)), but am waiting on new USB cable for my digital camera. As soon as it arrives, I'll post some pics.

Anyway, to my question, I had a custom wiring harness with new Matching CTS pots (all over 500K) with sprague caps built and am ready to have it installed. Outside of reaming the holes for the new pots, the only issue I think I'm gonna have is the Proline gold top hat knobs (I call em Joe Bonamassa Knobs) that I originally put on it, don't seem to fit. I notice Joe has a em on his gibson LP signatue LPs. Are ther versions available for USA/Gibson pots or do I mod the existing knobs to fit?

Also, can anyone give me some history/background on this model (what are the OEM PuPs, etc)?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

G

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Welcome Jimi,

sorry your Epi is not chambered !

No Epi - except the Ultra / Ultra II - is chambered !

:cool:

Jimi G

Reaction score
Well thats what I get for listening to the GC sales guy (LOL). But man, its so lite in weight. Somebody at the factory must of left this thing in a chamber full of helium :D. Thanx for the info.

G

KP

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for Gold with gold top

p-k515.gif

Knob, vintage "Top Hat", gold with gold top (2 tone/2 volume) | Amplified Parts

or Gold with chrome top

P-K514.gif

Knob, vintage "Top Hat", gold with chrome top (2 tone/2 volume) | Amplified Parts

These will fit CTS pots.

Jimi G

Reaction score
Sentry, How true. Fortunately, mine was easy to correct when I got it home. Only problem I've had is neck tone pot is on the fritz. Can't wait to get new pots and caps installed and see if I can bring the stock buckers to life a little.

Later,

G

The_Sentry

Reaction score
Sentry, How true. Fortunately, mine was easy to correct when I got it home. Only problem I've had is neck tone pot is on the fritz. Can't wait to get new pots and caps installed and see if I can bring the stock buckers to life a little.

Later,

G

A new nut is usually a must have as well. I tried fighting that when I had mine...eventually I just cried Uncle in Cantonese!

Latest Threads