New to me 57 Custom Reissue

wjlim22

Reaction score
I also see yours is spotless well polished up.. you been working hard already :)

I love black guitars but they way they pick up fingerprints and scuffs just sets my OCD off and I become Monk like.
I did wipe it down with some dunlop cleaner but the light from the window is making it look shiny. This one actually doesn't take on fingerprints much probably because of the VOS stuff they put on it. Most of that has come off but still a layer on it. My other black custom is way glossier than this one. I like that VOS haze.

Midnight Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG, she is GORGEOUS!!!!

Not all Customs were made with "fretless Wonder" frets. They were introduced on the '54 Custom ("Black Beauty"/"Tuxedo") that LP wanted made and were used periodically, not exclusively, on Customs over the years. They are thin and very flat. My '72/'54 Limited Edition had them until a few years ago when I had it re-fretted. Couldn't find the fretwire anywhere, including Gibson, so I had a medium sized wire put on.

Congrats, HNGD :jam: and play her in good health!

If you're so inclined, post some pics of her here too:

Post Your Black (Beauty) Les Paul Customs

:cheers2:

shark

Reaction score
man I got to stop hangin out with you guys.
your costing me more money than the "hes not here" titty bar did all year long. :)

fretout

Reaction score
edit: Actually this is a late 2019 version. The serial number is 2019 and the paperwork is 2020. What features do you see from the 2000s?
Awesome! Nothing in particular, just the overall VOS “aging” on stuff like the gold hardware, and the size/shape of the TRC. The new TRCs aren’t as slender as they from 1998-2009, but yours looks just like them!

Here’s a picture that shows the new TRC compared to the older TRCs…

A664A052-F38B-4139-A215-D22C5D5193DC.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest Threads