New Terror Video and Guns

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
So... anybody can just, buy a gun? :wtf:

Lurko

Reaction score
Exactly what I was thinking...it's a novel idea until someone replaces a barrel, etc., or the gun gets broken in.

Well, I don't think most crimes are committed by gunsmiths, but okay.

bertzie

Reaction score
Wow, that's glib. The right to keep and bear arms without finely articulated language in regard to buying and selling arms is pretty ****ing stupid, so I think discussion about the matter with defense coming from the 2nd amendment is pretty fair.

If you think someone isn't gonna use that as a loophole someday for gun control, than you're a hell of an optimist.

cwness

Reaction score
On a related topic, how do you folks feel about gun "fingerprinting," where all new weapons are test fired and the signature markings left on the bullet are cataloged to help solve later crimes?

Probably a good idea, I think.

Just brilliant like all you idea's. Every one benefits the criminal.
Let's see where your plan fails. Change the barrel. Shoot Mach 2000
bore polishing system through it. They are bullets that polish the inside
of the barrel for accuracy. All the marks that you thought you had gone.
Then there's the cost. Spending my money again on something useless.

Here's the big one you guys never get. The criminals don't follow the law. They don't care about the law. Ban guns who will have them. You guessed it
the criminals. The name LAW ABIDING CITIZEN is the only one affected
by gun control or any registration. Does not affect the criminal they don't follow the law. This is pretty simple.

CW

Lurko

Reaction score
Just brilliant like all you ideas. Every one benefits the criminal.
Let's see where your plan fails. Change the barrel. Shoot Mach 2000
bore polishing system through it. They are bullets that polish the inside
of the barrel for accuracy. All the marks that you thought you had gone.
Then there's the cost. Spending my money again on something useless.

Here's the big one you guys never get. The criminals don't follow the law. They don't care about the law. Ban guns who will have them. You guessed it
the criminals. The name LAW ABIDING CITIZEN is the only one affected
by gun control or any registration. Does not affect the criminal they don't follow the law. This is pretty simple.

CW

I know you're pissed at me for correcting your poor grammar before (by the way, "ideas" is a plural, not a possessive, so it doesn't need an apostrophe), but "my" idea doesn't help the criminals.

Let's say you fingerprint the barrel marks of a .38 (or 9mm or whatever). It's sold, legally, by a dealer to Joe Schmoe. Joe Schmoe decides that a .38 is not enough gun for him, so he puts an ad in the local Trading Times (or whatever the gun trading paper is in your town). Dude comes to his house in a late model red F-150, plops down his $250, and takes the gun.

A month later the cops are investigating the death of a local woman and run the bullets they find at the scene through the fingerprinting database. Viola! Joe Schmoe's name pops up. They interview him and get a description of the truck and the dude who bought the gun. Now they have a ROCK SOLID lead to go on to find the guy and bust him.

That helps the criminal how again???

(And no, I don't believe most criminals take the time and trouble to switch barrels or buy special ammo or that crap. Most criminals are wannabe thugs, or idiots, or drunk rednecks, or all three in one happy, fukked up package, and they are not that smart.)

45WinMag

Reaction score
Well, I don't think most crimes are committed by gunsmiths, but okay.

You don't have to be a gunsmith for any of this. If you are capable of cleaning your gun, you are capable of swapping parts. Saying that an ignorant criminal can't swap a barrel on a pistol is like saying that a crappy guitar player can't change strings.

Lurko

Reaction score
You don't have to be a gunsmith for any of this. If you are capable of cleaning your gun, you are capable of swapping parts. Saying that an ignorant criminal can't swap a barrel on a pistol is like saying that a crappy guitar player can't change strings.

I'm saying they are too ignorant and/or stupid to even know to do it.

45WinMag

Reaction score
I'm saying they are too ignorant and/or stupid to even know to do it.

If there is anything ignorant/stupid criminalsdo know, it's how to play the system. A couple of prosecutions based on this and they will catch on.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Stop generalizing. I'm a liberal and I'm also a gun owner and supporter of the 2nd amendment. There are lots of us.

Yes there are, including me.

We have enough feel good do nothing laws already. They only impact the honest people (just like a lock on a door only keeps the honest people out).

45WinMag

Reaction score
If you think someone isn't gonna use that as a loophole someday for gun control, than you're a hell of an optimist.

You can publish books, but you can't buy or sell paper. You can print a magazine, but you can't buy or sell ink. You can write, but you can't buy or sell pens, pencils, typewriters, word processors, or movable block type. You can speak, but you're not allowed to buy or sell recording or broadcasting equipment.

This argument is complete nonsense. It's time free people stopped tolerating such idiotic ideas.

cwness

Reaction score
I know you're pissed at me for correcting your poor grammar before (by the way, "ideas" is a plural, not a possessive, so it doesn't need an apostrophe), but "my" idea doesn't help the criminals.

Let's say you fingerprint the barrel marks of a .38 (or 9mm or whatever). It's sold, legally, by a dealer to Joe Schmoe. Joe Schmoe decides that a .38 is not enough gun for him, so he puts an ad in the local Trading Times (or whatever the gun trading paper is in your town). Dude comes to his house in a late model red F-150, plops down his $250, and takes the gun.

A month later the cops are investigating the death of a local woman and run the bullets they find at the scene through the fingerprinting database. Viola! Joe Schmoe's name pops up. They interview him and get a description of the truck and the dude who bought the gun. Now they have a ROCK SOLID lead to go on to find the guy and bust him.

That helps the criminal how again???

(And no, I don't believe most criminals take the time and trouble to switch barrels or buy special ammo or that crap. Most criminals are wannabe thugs, or idiots, or drunk rednecks, or all three in one happy, fukked up package, and they are not that smart.)

What candy coated world do you live in. New flash criminals are smarter then you think. Don't be so naive, they want you to think there dumb they got you fooled.

BREAKING NEWS
Criminals turn lib plan to finger print bullets into another one of their boondoggles. When asked how it was done. They replied easy we just use
one of the millons of guns made before finger printing. Guess they never thought of that.

Move away from the candy

CW

cherokee

Reaction score
What candy coated world do you live in. New flash criminals are smarter then you think. Don't be so naive, they want you to think there dumb they got you fooled.

They are actually very stupid....yes there are some here and there that do have something between the ears, but for the most part they are very very stupid.

Lurko

Reaction score

BREAKING NEWS
Criminals turn lib plan to finger print bullets into another one of their boondoggles. When asked how it was done. They replied easy we just use
one of the millons of guns made before finger printing. Guess they never thought of that.

Move away from the candy

CW

So tell me this then, what would it hurt to fingerprint new guns coming off the production line? How would that impact you, as a gun owner?

cwness

Reaction score
You'll be spending my money on something that's not going to work. Remember the MILLIONS of guns already out there. The criminals still will by from the trunk and I don't think those will be finger printed do you.
See I keep pointing this out and you don't grasp that it will just make it more expensive and harder on the LAW ABIDING. The criminals will not be affected. This is the part you don't get. They don't follow the law.

Oh yes how will this affect me. I will have to pay more for the gun do to your plan that will do nothing.

CW

Latest Threads