New Terror Video and Guns

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
There's a new terrorist video urging American sympathizers to buy guns at gun shows and use them to cause "major damage" to the "enemies".

I defend the 2nd amendment, I was a NRA supporter, but when you have people selling guns at gun shows WITHOUT a background check, and given this new threat, well... things have to change.

I think the background check is critical to the preservation of the 2nd Amendment right, to make sure it's enjoyed by law abiding people and not abused in ways we can't even stomach to think about by terrorists and other criminals.

New Al Qaeda Video: Buy Automatic Weapons and Start Shooting Americans - ABC News

From the article:

In a new video message released on the internet Friday, American-born al Qaeda spokesman Adam Gadahn calls on Muslims living in America to carry out deadly one-man terrorist acts using fully automatic weapons purchased at gun shows, and to target major institutions and public figures.

I also think the arrest of this U.S. born piece of scum should be a priority!

But to me, this is old news, but the issue here is guns available to everybody WITHOUT a check. I honestly think that's not a restriction on the 2nd amendment if you require a background check for ALL gun purchases, regardless of location. That's the point I was trying to make here.

Scooter2112

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idealistic at best.

Bring in the TSA, and they'll fix it. :hmm:

You and I will get a cavity search buying a pellet gun, but Muhammad Jihad skates through with anything he wants with business cards of Uncle Jesse and the ACLU in his back pocket.

More regulation, more government...no thanks. :D

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Idealistic at best.

Bring in the TSA, and they'll fix it. :hmm:

You and I will get a cavity search buying a pellet gun, but Muhammad Jihad skates through with anything he wants with business cards of Uncle Jesse and the ACLU in his back pocket.

More regulation, more government...no thanks. :D

That's the problem. Gun dealers who CARE make sure to comply with the law and also make sure they take at least some caution before putting a gun in the hands of those who may or may not pose a threat to society.

But how it stands now, you can't board a plane if you're on a terror list, but you can buy a gun at a gun show and use it to cause harm without difficulty. That to me is asinine.

Kevin James

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
There's a new terrorist video urging American sympathizers to buy guns at gun shows and use them to cause "major damage" to the "enemies".

I defend the 2nd amendment, I was a NRA supporter, but when you have people selling guns at gun shows WITHOUT a background check, and given this new threat, well... things have to change.

I think the background check is critical to the preservation of the 2nd Amendment right, to make sure it's enjoyed by law abiding people and not abused in ways we can't even stomach to think about by terrorists and other criminals.

New Al Qaeda Video: Buy Automatic Weapons and Start Shooting Americans - ABC News

From the article:

In a new video message released on the internet Friday, American-born al Qaeda spokesman Adam Gadahn calls on Muslims living in America to carry out deadly one-man terrorist acts using fully automatic weapons purchased at gun shows, and to target major institutions and public figures.

I also think the arrest of this U.S. born piece of scum should be a priority!

But to me, this is old news, but the issue here is guns available to everybody WITHOUT a check. I honestly think that's not a restriction on the 2nd amendment if you require a background check for ALL gun purchases, regardless of location. That's the point I was trying to make here.

I only have experience visiting gun shows in California, and it has been probably 10 years since I have been to one, but I never understood where all this "selling guns with no background check or waiting period" came from. I never saw a single case at a California gun show where you could buy a gun and walk out with it same day. You still had a 10 day waiting period and a background check. Has this changed?

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I only have experience visiting gun shows in California, and it has been probably 10 years since I have been to one, but I never understood where all this "selling guns with no background check or waiting period" came from. I never saw a single case at a California gun show where you could buy a gun and walk out with it same day. You still had a 10 day waiting period and a background check. Has this changed?

It's happened here, people who are even honest about not being able to pass a background check being offered guns at gun shows. No difficulty at all.

PapaSquash

Reaction score
Maybe the guy from Al Queda wants to cause a distraction.

I don't think he's telling us the truth.

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Maybe the video is the actual terrorist act you know? Maybe the panic and the fear caused by the video is all they're after. But how to be sure?

I mean, I believe in the 2nd Amendment but I don't think a convicted felon for example should get his hands on a 9mm.... Yeah there's always criminals selling guns out of a trunk, but at least it won't be so easy to get one.

Kevin James

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It's happened here, people who are even honest about not being able to pass a background check being offered guns at gun shows. No difficulty at all.

Wow. That's just crazy. I am about as pro second amendment as it gets, and the gun control nuts REALLY get my blood boiling, but that said, I don't care who you are are where you are you should NOT be able to buy a gun (ANY gun) without a background check and a waiting period.

Lurko

Reaction score
If anybody needs a gun "today," they don't need that gun today.

**full disclosure: I am a gun-owning liberal**

Dan

Reaction score
For ****'s sake, you can't buy fully automatic weapons without a class 3 license! Do you know what it takes to get a class 3 license?

I HATE this stupid shit. People on both sides are spreading stupidity by not being informed of the facts.

And to be clear, people can sell guns at gun shows without background checks because they are there as a private individual, not a business. They can legally sell to another individual if they are, to their knowledge, not a felon. If people want to do away with this, then fine, because it's used to paint gun shows and gun shops as free-for-alls where every Joe Blow can buy a fully automatic weapon.

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
That's the problem. Gun dealers who CARE make sure to comply with the law and also make sure they take at least some caution before putting a gun in the hands of those who may or may not pose a threat to society.

But how it stands now, you can't board a plane if you're on a terror list, but you can buy a gun at a gun show and use it to cause harm without difficulty. That to me is asinine.

I'm not a gun dealer, just a citizen that likes to buy and sell guns. Should I have to do a background check on a buyer if I sell a gun? How about if I sell one at a gun show?

cwness

Reaction score
The left will use small tiny steps to get gun control. This is just one of the tiny steps.

KSG makes a good point and that would be next. Private citizens will have to
do checks. Part of their master plan.

CW

Kevin James

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
For ****'s sake, you can't buy fully automatic weapons without a class 3 license! Do you know what it takes to get a class 3 license?

I HATE this stupid shit. People on both sides are spreading stupidity by not being informed of the facts.

And to be clear, people can sell guns at gun shows without background checks because they are there as a private individual, not a business. They can legally sell to another individual if they are, to their knowledge, not a felon. If people want to do away with this, then fine, because it's used to paint gun shows and gun shops as free-for-alls where every Joe Blow can buy a fully automatic weapon.

Very good point on the licensing required for full auto weapons.

I still don't get the other part about individuals selling guns. NOT saying your wrong, because obviously laws very from state to state and I ONLY have experience in California. I worked at two different gun stores from 96-2000. One was an indoor range that also sold guns, the other was a law enforcement supply store that sold guns (to cops and acadamy recruits only).

All I know is that at least at THAT time, in California specifically if one individual was buying a gun from another individual, the sale STILL had to go through a licensed FFL dealer to be legal. The dealer would only handle the legal aspects of the transaction including conducting the background check, holding the gun during the 10 day waiting period, and the 4473 form when the gun was picked up which they would be required to keep on file.

As pro gun and second amendment as I am, I still feel this policy makes the most sense and IMO should be the law in all states. Free unregulated trading of guns no matter if its at a gun show or between individuals is just asking for trouble. I don't have a problem with gun laws as long as they make good sense.

bertzie

Reaction score
Of all the weapons you can buy in America, and he's telling people to buy guns? Seriously, look at the damage you can cause with a little diesel fuel and fertilizer. No wonder Al-queda is getting their asses handed to them. They aren't thinking for shit!

Dan

Reaction score
Very good point on the licensing required for full auto weapons.

I still don't get the other part about individuals selling guns. NOT saying your wrong, because obviously laws very from state to state and I ONLY have experience in California. I worked at two different gun stores from 96-2000. One was an indoor range that also sold guns, the other was a law enforcement supply store that sold guns (to cops and acadamy recruits only).

All I know is that at least at THAT time, in California specifically if one individual was buying a gun from another individual, the sale STILL had to go through a licensed FFL dealer to be legal. The dealer would only handle the legal aspects of the transaction including conducting the background check, holding the gun during the 10 day waiting period, and the 4473 form when the gun was picked up which they would be required to keep on file.

As pro gun and second amendment as I am, I still feel this policy makes the most sense and IMO should be the law in all states. Free unregulated trading of guns no matter if its at a gun show or between individuals is just asking for trouble. I don't have a problem with gun laws as long as they make good sense.

It is different from state to state, that's why gun shows are more prevalent in some states. I really don't like the practice of individuals selling at gun shows without a FFL. If we did a better job of policing that practice up, it would be one less thing that anti-gunners could use against pro-gunners. If you want to make a private firearms sale, then fine, but not at guns shows. Just my thoughts on the matter. I've bought, I think, 2 guns at gun shows both from FFL dealers. It was the same as walking into a gun store and purchasing a firearm. I had to fill out a 4473 and everything. I passed up on buying from several people because they were private sellers. Most would only ask for a copy of your driver's license, but I didn't know jack about them or where their merchandise came from. I don't go out of my way to attend gun shows, to be honest. The whole atmosphere and attitude at such places is hostile and loaded with posers and people just itching for a fight.

Lurko

Reaction score
The left will use small tiny steps to get gun control. This is just one of the tiny steps.

KSG makes a good point and that would be next. Private citizens will have to
do checks. Part of their master plan.

CW

Stop generalizing. I'm a liberal and I'm also a gun owner and supporter of the 2nd amendment. There are lots of us.

cwness

Reaction score
Stop generalizing. I'm a liberal and I'm also a gun owner and supporter of the 2nd amendment. There are lots of us.

Please answer my this. Why is it the liberal Dems that are trying to take our
rights away not the right. See you can't be a supporter and then vote for the people that want gun control. If your not voting for these gun controllers then
I think you would be voting conservative.

CW

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
The last gun show I went to was in Denver, it was packed with survivalist nutters...not that there's anything wrong with that...people selling food dehydrators, gun safes that you bury in the back yard and cheap swords...It was weird.

dougk

Reaction score
I'm a pretty damn big supporter of the second amendment (being a multiple gun owner myself) BUT I never did understand the gun show thing much.

Frankly I think any firearm transaction from a business OR a private individual should be atleast brokered by an official gun dealer. I don't really see the harm in this in any way. Like someone said having to go through an FFL for a small fee (which is what you have to do with GunBroker anyways) keeps the anti-gunners from having their own ammunition against us and keeps the nut bags who really shouldn't own a gun from getting it (or at least one less possibility).

Latest Threads