New Tattoo Day

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Very Nice stuff!! I bought my wife a 3 machine tattoo set for christmas. She's a great artist and I hope to get her to stop shakin' and just stick the damn needles in soon...lol

:shock:

That ..... sorta thing, should really be learned through training.

I apprenticed for 6 months and it's soooo easy to screw something up. It's really not something you should be trying to figure out as you go along.

Just having the needles go a tiny bit too deep, or not deep enough, will cause problems.

From heavy scarring, to the ink not settling in and getting flushed out as your skin sheds, to things like hepatitis, are all very possible if someone doesn't know what they're doing. There's a lot of dangers involved, it is minor surgery.

I mean, .... it's whatever dude, your life and your wife, but.....that's just not a very good idea.

Please do not let her work on anyone but you. It would suck if you were encouraging her to be a Scratcher. "Self Taught" tattooists are pretty reviled in the tattoo community.

Some even get their hands broken for doing it. <-----true story, no BS.

Reaction score
It's great to have a tattoo artist who you trust enough to just give your thoughts and let 'em run with it. So what's the color pallet going to be?

Drew224

"Obvious BS Artist"
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That's nice, man.
I'm planning to get a yin-yang symbol and a graphic that a friend of mine drew for me. Few years off, though.
Symbolic stuff that means something to you is always the best.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Symbolic stuff that means something to you is always the best.

very true.

at some point though, you gotta wander half drunk into the studio, plunk a few hundred bucks down on the counter and go, "GIMME A BAD ASS SKULL!!!!"

if nothing else, then for the experience.

Almost all my tattoos were thought out and designed, but a couple of them?

....yeah.

seen the big ass skull covering my forearm? :laugh2:

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You should try the spine... That is FUN! :laugh2:

Looks good so far.

I hear the rib cage is the worst, on the side.

I got my neck done, and that hurt. The one on my chest as it got closer to my man-teet really started to hurt.

But the one below my belt line? :shock:

That was the worst!!

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

I got my neck done, and that hurt. The one on my chest as it got closer to my man-teet really started to hurt.

That was the worst!!

My wife has a LOT of tattoos... Many more than me, in fact.... And she has the tops of her feet completely covered. She has tattoos on her ribs, spine area... All the "rough" spots, and says that the feet hurt her the worst.

PunkerJon

Reaction score

That was the worst!!

I got a full back piece and a full sleeve... yeah the ribs hurt... and the lower back... and the shoulder blades... and the elbow... and the wrist... etc... etc... etc...

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Any excuse to find a way to show us your naked chest again Grumpz :naughty:.. you didn't have to get a tat to do that you know. ;) :D

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
:shock:

That ..... sorta thing, should really be learned through training.

I apprenticed for 6 months and it's soooo easy to screw something up. It's really not something you should be trying to figure out as you go along.

Just having the needles go a tiny bit too deep, or not deep enough, will cause problems.

From heavy scarring, to the ink not settling in and getting flushed out as your skin sheds, to things like hepatitis, are all very possible if someone doesn't know what they're doing. There's a lot of dangers involved, it is minor surgery.

I mean, .... it's whatever dude, your life and your wife, but.....that's just not a very good idea.

Please do not let her work on anyone but you. It would suck if you were encouraging her to be a Scratcher. "Self Taught" tattooists are pretty reviled in the tattoo community.

Some even get their hands broken for doing it. <-----true story, no BS.
Thanks, i'll get her to try a couple on the cats first :)

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Pig skin is good for practicing.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I wish I'd finished the training. I couldn't figure out if I was nervous about stabbing people, or really excited by the idea.

End of the day though life had other plans and I got pulled back into music.

Music. That Devil-Bitch Mistress.

music to my ears

Reaction score
50554739.jpg

I would stick with Black & Gray and forgo the color. Black & Grey over time in my opinion will age much better and take on a sort of cool aged patina. :thumb:

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
wanna fondle 'em do ya? :naughty:

Tangerine

Reaction score
My wife has a LOT of tattoos... Many more than me, in fact.... And she has the tops of her feet completely covered. She has tattoos on her ribs, spine area... All the "rough" spots, and says that the feet hurt her the worst.

It must depend on the person, I have tattoos on both feet and they didn't really hurt, but the spine area, hell yes it hurt!

SFK

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Very nice!

Happy New Tattoo Day!

--R :thumb:

ETA: Seems like Chinese dragons are popular hereabouts. So here's mine: this is Lung Wan, the Grand Celestial Dragon of Chinese folklore. They drilled him into me back in April, 1992... :)

014-1.jpg

Nice. It's keeping it's color nicely.

My tattoos are from around 93 and have faded considerably.

Latest Threads