New Solar System Discovered.

brianugly

Reaction score
Haven't mathematics been evolving since their creation?

CenCalPlayer

Reaction score
And yet there is paleontological proof that it did happen at least once in the known universe. :hmm:

My faith does not interfere with my ability to observe the universe, in fact my faith backs up my observations of the universe. This is not a discussion for this thread, but I'm available through email and PM if you'd like to talk about it more.

Well said!!!!!

ehs5mw

Reaction score
And yet there is paleontological proof that it did happen at least once in the known universe. :hmm:

My faith does not interfere with my ability to observe the universe, in fact my faith backs up my observations of the universe. This is not a discussion for this thread, but I'm available through email and PM if you'd like to talk about it more.

I was not trying to derail this thread. This has nothing to do with the discovery of a new planet.

I will send you a PM, because I do not want to make anything personal in a public forum when it is totally inappropriate to do so.

aureagle

Reaction score
I must congratulate the scientists for finding another planetary system. But alas, it's quite far away. 127 light years is no small distance and the only scientifically speediest thing yet known is light which takes 127 years to reach that planet. So I don't think it's very profitable. Yet it will be added to records and the names of the scientists who found the system would be written in it too. But wouldn't it be great if they do something for the mankind too which is near a disaster materialistically and spiritually?

Anyways, I came across a cool post regarding the space technology, I suggest you to read it too! :)
Why Are We Searching For Planets??? (Check this out) :Takht-e-Sulaiman

GibsonByBirth

Banned
Reaction score
That is a shortsighted thought. We will one day be on other planets or we will die as a species. This Earth will not substain us for long. Exploration is in our souls. "Go forth and multiply."

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Earth First - We'll strip mine the other planets later.

The DUDE

Reaction score
Earth First - We'll strip mine the other planets later.

If we don't start soon, we won't enough resources left on Earth to reach the other planets....

Besides....if China gets there first, there won't be anything left for us (accept cheaply made alien consumer goods....).:shock:

L60N

Reaction score
What if they do know about us?

Maybe they put life here in the first place, and are observing from afar?? :D

simpsons-alien-thumb-450x337.jpg

GibsonByBirth

Banned
Reaction score
What if they do know about us?

Maybe they put life here in the first place, and are observing from afar?? :D

What if they don't know about us and we lead them here with this?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQe8oFzwtOQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQe8oFzwtOQ[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na1mLpjxmYY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na1mLpjxmYY[/ame]

The DUDE

Reaction score
Here's a scary thought: What if humans are the most advanced species in the universe?

Think about it. The universe had a beginning (we assume). Therefore, every organism in the universe has had nearly the same amount of time to evolve.

When most people think of aliens, they imagine them as being technologically superior to us....but there's really no reason to think this.

Humans could very well be the most advanced species in the universe.

GibsonByBirth

Banned
Reaction score
The universe had a beginning (we assume). Therefore, every organism in the universe has had nearly the same amount of time to evolve.

Not so. Stars live and die. They have lifecycles. The universe is 13 billion years old. Our solar system is 5 billion. There are many more stars much older than ours.

Les Paw

Reaction score
Wow, I thought it was gonna say it was in Al Gore's Ass...

Louie

Reaction score
Maybe we should send Obama and the dems there to get the economy rolling...

No need, Dubya didn't fuck that one up yet.

Back on topic: interesting findings, I wonder how many more other systems like this exist so close to us.

Strikerfox

Reaction score
If you do any research into mathematics, you will find that evolution isn't possible, but that doesn't stop you from believing it happened multiple times in the universe, does it?

not_this_shit_again.jpeg

I wonder if we will ever make some sort of technology so we can actually travel to the stars. Right now, the most reasonable technology we would be able to use would be cryonics or prolonged sleep. It seems like it would take a very very long time, if possible, to develop a technology to bend space around an object (warp drive), tear a hole in the fabric of space and keep it stable (worm hole), or create a fuel source/ engine component that will be efficient enough to propel to sub light speeds, except going that fast would kill a human due to the G-forces felt inside the space ship.

Id love to travel space, maybe the farthest I would ever go would be up in for a few seconds in those new tourist spaceflights, but I envy those who will be able to travel space leisurely in the distant future (if we even have one.)

And yet on the other hand, if say, Aliens do exist and they have been coming to Earth but the gov't keeps it a secret... Imagine what we could be doing right now if technological exchange of such proportion were to happen. Then again, I could see an alien race not wanting to interact head on with creatures who cannot get along together; where any little thing can offend a person, where such things can get wars started.

chazza

Reaction score

<snip>except going that fast would kill a human due to the G-forces felt inside the space ship</snip>
[QUOTE]

Actually, it would take just under a year of constant acceleration at 1G to reach close to the speed of light relative to the starting point.
No need for high G acceleration.

Latest Threads