New Slash Goldtop in catalogue

Torshalla

Reaction score
It was expected... funny they released it in a secong wave... maybe they wanted to have people buy one of the others and then get the goldtop as well haha
I am glad these are well received, they seem to be good quality standards.

PauloQS

Reaction score
$3000 for a USA Goldtop seems awfully steep. The other Slash models at least have the AAA tops to justify the cost. This one is just a dark back? I think I'll stick with my Bacchus.
Exactly what I was thinking. If you compare the Slash Stamdards with those special runs of Standard ‘50s with AAA tops, the price difference is relatively small. However, for a gold top, I don’t see the advantage. I mean, I could get a gold top Standard ‘50s and a pair of say uncovered Bare Knuckle The Mule or something different and still be paying less that a Slash Gold top.

RocketKing

Reaction score
I feel the same way.
I like Slash, he's one of my favorite guitarists.
But I really don't understand that price nor I would ever spend that much for one.
I remember the previous USA special run Appetite guitars were not substantially more expensive than a Standard or Traditional.

Christosterone

Premium Member
Reaction score
Both time I saw him on the illusion tour he played a goldie...
dang it was a shiny one
I will buy one of these...price be damned

JMP

Reaction score
Not sure that I’d pay the premium for this model, but I sure do like the dark back!

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not worth the premium. At least in my opinion. Pass.

Injector

Reaction score
Not liking the exposed pups on this. Zebras yes but otherwise I'd rather have nickel covers.

peobryant

Reaction score
Trogly got ahold of one back in June.

I'd love a Gold Top with a dark back but I don't want the Slash logo anywhere on it, I wonder how hard that would be to remove...

jbash

Reaction score
Thoughts...

I don't think the normal Slash 50s price is really justified here over the AAA tops.

I hate the current light backs that Gibson uses with Goldtops in the Gibson USA lineup, and I'm not really fond of the gold tint they have been using for several years either. Whether it's high gloss or the satin like on Tribute. Fuggly. I like the darker and chocolate backs as well as the "greener" tinge you get on the R4/R7

The Slash model has the proper back color, AND that gold tint looks a step or two closer to what's on the Historic models (based on Trogly's Vid) which turns me from a Goldtop's are "ehhh, not my thing", into a "I'd much rather buy that Goldtop, if I was going to by a Goldtop" person.

So I would definitely shell out the extra $ for the Slash *IF* I had to buy a GIbson USA Goldtop- Because otherwise I'd sit there looking at my normal Goldtop 50s Standard everyday saying "I hate that light back, and the color isn't right". Which is what I've done with every Goldtop I've had in the past from Gibson or PRS or Hamer.

Attachments

Reaction score
the extra $500 I could justify with one of the slash flamed tops - especially appetite or november burst - even the red and green tops are pretty unusual in their own right, so I get that.

but for a goldtop AND a dark back? Ill stick with the 50s gt all day. I prefer the exposed/flamey one piece back they have

im one of the few people that hold this opinion, but for the higher end gibson guitars, I feel they should charge less for goldtops. It doesnt make much sense that a flamed tobacco or cherry burst is the same price as the GT

Latest Threads