New SG model, the standard 60's GC exclusive

TattooedCarrot

Ferro Picta Carota
Reaction score
Anyone else see this in the new GC mailer? An SG standard with a 60's slim taper neck, zebra BB1/BB3 and coil taps for $1299. Looks pretty cool.

Pancake81

Reaction score
Damn!! I really like that. Angus played one very simular to that in the 70's

Achilles' Heel

Reaction score
I was at my local GC a couple days ago looking at a used 62' SG Historic Reissue which turned out to be a turd and saw one of these hanging on the wall.

My first impression was it had the darkest heritage cherry red that I ever have seen on an SG in person :cool: As soon as I picked it up and played it I knew I had to have it. The finish is near flawless and the 60's neck feels great in my tiny hands. It is as loud acoustically as some of the historic SGs and LPs I have played it is insanely loud! The build date for this guitar is 9/14/2010 :shock:

So I brought it home but I haven't had time to take pictures yet. Unfortunately I am GASing for an SG/LP Custom which are selling for good prices lately so I am debating whether I should return it or not. :laugh2:

Achilles' Heel

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that the factory setup on this thing is pretty nice with med-low action almost zero fret buzz. Also, the fretboard is nice and dark with fairly tight grain but it could be dyed?:hmm:

circusboy28

Reaction score
Yes, it looks good...though I doubt that I'll ever see one over here!!

CheopisIV

Copper Slinger
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
I've been drooling over everything SG lately. Mostly wanting a Classic with P90s, but this one would definitely scratch the itch... :shock:

stephen78

Reaction score
I dig the zebras with the heritage cherry...nice!

RemCarr

Reaction score
oh yes, fantastic - we need pix dude, ASAP!!!!

Pancake81

Reaction score
Pics man! Pics! I cant wait to see some proper shots of this thing. THe darker the cherry the better for me

Achilles' Heel

Reaction score
Here's a couple of pictures that should give you an idea I will try and take better pictures and post a proper NGD thread later when it's not overcast and I'm not running around doing errands.

As you can see the color and grain on this SG is just :dude:

AngryHatter

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that the factory setup on this thing is pretty nice with med-low action almost zero fret buzz. Also, the fretboard is nice and dark with fairly tight grain but it could be dyed?:hmm:
Factory setup?
:lol:
:laugh2:

GC?
For nothing.

Benjammin

Reaction score
Here's a couple of pictures that should give you an idea I will try and take better pictures and post a proper NGD thread later when it's not overcast and I'm not running around doing errands.

As you can see the color and grain on this SG is just :dude:
excellent!

RemCarr

Reaction score
hell ya that is amazing!!!!!

Must have...must have...must have....

Windup 43

Reaction score
One of the nicest looking SG's I've seen in a while, congrats!

b3john

Reaction score
Not on the GC site, not on the Gibson site either.

TattooedCarrot

Ferro Picta Carota
Reaction score
Not on the GC site, not on the Gibson site either.
Nor were there any in either of the two GC's I visited yesterday. And the employees had no idea what I was talking about despite the fact they had stacks of the same mailer all over the store

Latest Threads