New Run of Bonamassa Seymour Duncan Pickups

Brutus

Reaction score
PSA:
I've heard that MJ at the Seymour Duncan custom shop is busy getting everything ready for the new Bonamassa Signature Skinnerburst Humbucker Sets. I don't know how soon they'll be available. Maybe sometime over the summer?

tonybony

Reaction score
He mentioned these sets and posted a couple of pictures on his Twitter and Instagram sites. I'm very curious about this set because I loved the ones that were cloned from Magellan.

The Weasel

Reaction score
Ive got a set of the initial run and oh my!:dude:

I have them in my '12 traditional along with some paper in oil caps and these pickups really suit my ear. Well worth the money, sadly though I still can't play like Joe!

Otto tune

Reaction score
I just put #1945 in my standard, and all I can say is "they're not bland!"

DADGAD

Reaction score
Are they making 1959 sets again?

tonybony

Reaction score
It looks like these are going to be cloned from the pickups in his Skinnerburst. The first run were cloned from a different Burst. I think that it would be pretty cool if they ended up doing some of his other ones as well. I think Spot has a pretty unique bridge pickup that might make for an interesting set.

drew365

Reaction score
I love my Bonamassa pups. But seriously, how different can this new series sound? I guess it will give more people a chance to own a set. But after you tweak some knobs, and the drummer kicks in, nobody's going to know which series you have. So I won't be indulging in these. I'm sure they will be great pups.

ARandall

Reaction score
^ Well, I don't know how much experience you have with guitars and PAF clones in general, but I've found they are quite picky with the guitars they go into.
And none of the versions I have bought are quite the same, even in the same guitar. So I guess the answer to your question could be 'a fair bit'

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
PSA:
I've heard that MJ at the Seymour Duncan custom shop is busy getting everything ready for the new Bonamassa Signature Skinnerburst Humbucker Sets. I don't know how soon they'll be available. Maybe sometime over the summer?

Unless they finaly change the HB cover to the right shapre, the screws to the right material and the sounds as good as the originals, i will not spend my money on another signature set from SD, did it once and i was dissapointed with the attention to details they do.

AJK1

Reaction score
I love my Bonamassa pups. But seriously, how different can this new series sound? I guess it will give more people a chance to own a set. But after you tweak some knobs, and the drummer kicks in, nobody's going to know which series you have. So I won't be indulging in these. I'm sure they will be great pups.

You have a good point there, i played in a big blues/rock jam on the weekend, and by the time i was at gig volume level and everyone kicked in, my guitar sounded like everyone else's les paul. lol

AJK1

Reaction score
Unless they finaly change the HB cover to the right shapre, the screws to the right material and the sounds as good as the originals, i will not spend my money on another signature set from SD, did it once and i was dissapointed with the attention to details they do.
Interesting, my SD Antiquities, CS Pearly Gates and WLH sets seem to have excellent build quality and attention to detail.
Speaking of attention to detail, check your spelling in your posts:cool:

ARandall

Reaction score
^ He means the attention to getting a PAF clone actually close to the cover shape, precise materials/alloys/screw shapes and wind

Louie

Reaction score
Interesting, my SD Antiquities, CS Pearly Gates and WLH sets seem to have excellent build quality and attention to detail.
Speaking of attention to detail, check your spelling in your posts:cool:

You must be new here.

As such, it's understandable that you are not yet aware of the fact that Nicolas here is our best expert in looking at photographs of vintage gear.
We all hope that one day he'll find himself in the presence of a vintage instrument.

karatblackndekar

Reaction score
You must be new here.

As such, it's understandable that you are not yet aware of the fact that Nicolas here is our best expert in looking at photographs of vintage gear.
We all hope that one day he'll find himself in the presence of a vintage instrument.

Not true,he watches videos too !

jamman

Reaction score
Is it true , He's a part owner in that Shoe polish Company now ?????

If all else fails Brown Shoe polish will do the trick :wave:

I wonder what the long term effect of shoe polish is on a Nitro finish ? :wow:
And does it effect the wood it reaches ????

I'll bet once your right forearm polishes it up from use ,it gets nice and shinny , like a mirror . Anyone have pics OF THAT ??? :wow:

Spit shine please :lol::laugh2:

darthphineas

Reaction score
PSA:

I was on the phone with her the day he was there for them. Never said anything anywhere, as I figured it might be a while for them to work the way through the process until released. Sounds like the cat is out of the bag.

Latest Threads