New Replacement Bridge

stilwel

Reaction score
I saw this just today. Actually looks very interesting and they have some heavy players on board

stilwel

Reaction score
Has anyone tried one of these Stud Finder bridges?

deadlyweasel

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like an ugly version of Dan's mojoaxe bridge....

stilwel

Reaction score
The additional material that makes contact with the treble-side stud makes sense to my engineering brain. Also curious about the offset string holes which allegedly put the strings directly over the pickup pole pieces. I have Mojoaxe bridges on both of my Specials. Strings are aligned fine on my '59, but they're way off on the '74.

Last edited:

Thermionik

Reaction score
Looks like an ugly version of Dan's mojoaxe bridge....
When you say "Dan's mojoaxe bridge...", is the implication that "Dan" of MojoAxe is around MLP at all?
If he is, I want to shake (metaphorically) his hand. My '52 was excellent before I fitted a MojoAxe.
But after fitting it, playability and sound became sublime. What an astonishingly good product :applause:

bufbills

Reaction score
When you say "Dan's mojoaxe bridge...", is the implication that "Dan" of MojoAxe is around MLP at all?
If he is, I want to shake (metaphorically) his hand. My '52 was excellent before I fitted a MojoAxe.
But after fitting it, playability and sound became sublime. What an astonishingly good product :applause:
Danelectro is Dan. Great product!!

deadlyweasel

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
The additional material that makes contact with the treble-side stud makes sense to my engineering brain. Also curious about the offset string holes which allegedly put the strings directly over the pickup pole pieces. I have Mojoaxe bridges on both of my Specials. Strings are aligned fine on my '59, but they're way off on the '74.
Thatbis because in the early 60s gibson moved the bridge studs and went to the lightning bolt style bridge.

lewis_grey

Reaction score
Looks like a development of the Mojoaxe concept, further sacrificing the vintage correct look to have more metal to metal contact at the studs.

I have the Mojoaxe on my ‘56 Special and am happy with the balance between aesthetic and improvement in intonation and tone, but I do have it raked out fairly on the treble side still and I can see the possible benefit of this design...I’d like to see how it looks on a vintage wrap tail Gibson.

stilwel

Reaction score
...I’d like to see how it looks on a vintage wrap tail Gibson.
I agree, the design changes make sense to me. I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more traction here.

Did you watch the video? Tom Bukovac (Nashville session player) has one on a mid 50's Jr. Looks fine to me.

lewis_grey

Reaction score
I agree, the design changes make sense to me. I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more traction here.

Did you watch the video? Tom Bukovac (Nashville session player) has one on a mid 50's Jr. Looks fine to me.
Ah yes, just saw that. It certainly isn’t an eye sore but it’s more obvious than the Mojoaxe. I think if I didn’t have the Mojoaxe I’d certainly consider this but I highly doubt there’s going to be enough difference between the two to justify the purchase for me.

stilwel

Reaction score
I have the Mojoaxe CWT on both of these, the 59 is aligned pretty well, but the 74 is way off.

Kris Ford

Reaction score
..you guys mean a Leo Quan Bad Ass isn't the answer?
:iough:

(It CERTAINLY was at one time..FACT)

stilwel

Reaction score
I have a Stud Finder enroute...should be here Friday. Will report back in with my thoughts.

zombiwoof

Reaction score
I have the Mojoaxe CWT on both of these, the 59 is aligned pretty well, but the 74 is way off.

The '74 may do better with a Lightning Bar bridge, since the angle is almost straight. Either that or a good adjustable bridge/TP.
Al

stilwel

Reaction score
The '74 may do better with a Lightning Bar bridge, since the angle is almost straight.
Al
Actually it’s not very straight. I have the set screw turned in quite a bit. The bridge is hardly making contact with the stud.

stilwel

Reaction score
MojoAxe string alignment on my '74 LP Special
Note how the ball ends are offset from the string path & pole pieces.

Music City Bridge string alignment on '74 LP Special
Note how strings align with pole pieces.

Bridge leans a bit in the Mojoaxe posts, but I had the same problem with the Mojoaxe bridge.

The lower profile of the MCB required me to raise the bridge studs a fair amount but once I got it up where it needed to be it setup easily and intonated just great.

I'm really happy with the purchase.

FWIW...I also have a Mojoaxe CWT on my '59 LP Special and it works great on that guitar. Strings are aligned with pole pieces just fine and it sits perfectly in the original bridge studs without any leaning. I'm planning to leave the Mojoaxe bridge on that guitar. If it ain't broke, don't break it.