New R8 (2020 model) owner

Stardaruni

Reaction score
Hello all

just bought my brand new R8! Absolutely beautiful cherry burst and only 8.2 pounds. Tone is to die for and the top is so cool because it’s at once plain and depending on the angle it’s viewed at it’s quilted or flamed and just changes so beautifully with every movement. I’ve been playing for 45 years and my first love was a 52 Telecaster that was my brothers. I still have that all original 52 Tele complete with hang tags! Also, I have a 70th anniversary CS Broadcaster, and a CS 51 Telecaster with a Seymour Duncan SH-55 in the neck. This R8 is my first Gibson! Hard to believe, but I really bonded with this particular R8. It just rings. My amps include a 62’ Princeton, Victoria Double Deluxe, 1947 Gibson GA-25 (Stunning tone) and a Bad Apple Crumbleuxe (Boutique amp based on a 57’ Fender tweed Deluxe modified by Dumble). Likewise I’ve owned probably a 100 amps over the years.
Cheers!

bblooz

Reaction score
:welcome:
Congrats on your new Lester! When you take a break from playing your new baby, try and load up some pictures for us.

Latest Threads