New Product - Les Paul Jr "Cocked Wah" Wiring Harness @ MSSC

MATTM

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
At the request of some tone savvy customers, we were asked to develop a Les Paul Jr® wiring harness that would allow for some tonal variety not normally achievable from a stock configuration but without altering the look of the Junior®. Based on the extremely popular Esquire® "Cocked Wah" harness, we developed this harness to give another tonal dimension by utilizing a push/pull pot for the tone control to engage/disengage a series of capacitors to simulate a virtual neck pickup.

Very simple to use, the harness operates as follows: Tone pot pushed in - normal control of both the volume and tone pot with a .022 capacitor in the circuit (normal LP Jr® sound). Tone pot pulled out - normal control of the volume, tone control and .022 capacitor removed from the circuit, and a .0047 capacitor engaged to achieve the "Cocked Wah" sound.

Simple, effective, and more tonal options from a one pickup guitar!

Pre-wired harness includes the following:

CTS 550K Premium Custom Audio Taper Short Shaft Volume Potentiometer with 10% Tolerance. These are not your standard issue CTS pots. Although these are marketed and labeled as CTS 500K, they are actually spec'd at 550K to ensure that pots meter no lower than 500K. These pots have a very responsive sweep and are metered for optimal placement in the harness.

High quality US Spec 500K Push/Pull potentiometer w/ brass shaft for the tone control.

New Old Stock (NOS) Russian K40Y-9 .022/400V Paper in Oil Tone Capacitor or optional Luxe Bumblebee .022/400V Reproduction Capacitor.

New Old Stock (NOS) Sprague USA .0047/100V Paper in Oil Tone Capacitor.

Oxygen Free, Teflon Coated Hook-up Wire

Switchcraft 1/4" Input Jack wired with vintage correct single conductor braided wire and NOS #8 PVC tubing.

Meticulously wired 50's style.

Harness is tested prior to shipping to ensure proper operation.

Wiring Diagram Included.

LPJRCOCKEDWAH.jpg

MSSC - Custom Shop - LP Junior Cocked Wah Wiring Harness

MATTM

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Just shipped another one out today. These are becoming very popular, very quick. Thanks for the orders everyone!

MATTM

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A cool way to get classic tones, more versatility, and different tones from your Jr.

bill m

Reaction score
I picked up a LP junior and a MSSC cocked wah wiring harness at the philly show. I just finished the installation of the harness with my Tone-E- Mountana P-90 and all I can say is WOW! We are all familiar with the cocked wah sound of an Esquire (think old ZZ Top), but with a P-90 this fvcking rules and I cann't believe no one has thought of doing this to their juniors until now, Thanks Matt and Dave for dreaming up this wiring harness , as it adds another completely useable tone to a LP junior. It sounds kind of like the esquire cocked wah, but richer and more vocal. Thank You for turning me on to this harness boys.:dude:

MATTM

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Video clips - MSSC Cocked Wah Jr. Harness with Electric City Pickups Tone E Montana P-90:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocImNUNis0U]ECP Tone-E-Mountana, Laney VC15 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JAeIJ_b3Vs]ECP Tone-E-Mountana, Laney VC15, Delay - YouTube[/ame]

MATTM

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This harness adds another very useful tone to your LP Junior without any permanent modifications. What more can you ask for!?

MATTM

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Bump for a very cool, unique harness.

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That's super cool! :thumb: Great idea, I mean GREAT!

Latest Threads