New Power Supply Day

jaycoyoyo

I would rather be playing guitar.
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had been using one of the cheap $30 Donner Chinese Amazon specials to power my pedals. In a live setting, it was fine enough, because a little noise isn't a huge deal. I play mostly at home now, and I've also been running my board into my recording interface. Low volume practice and tracking means any noise is super annoying.

I know everyone says to use Voodoo Labs, but I was intrigued by the Donner ISO 8 PLUS knock-off that according to the all-knowing Amazon reviews, is supposed to be fully isolated. It also has an 18V output, which I need for my Colour Box. The IEC cable plug and on/off switch are handy as well.

I can say with 1000% certainty that this thing is quiet. The biggest noise culprit used to be my Digitech looper. It's supposedly true bypass, but it emitted all sorts of shitty digital noise even when turned off. Now it's dead quiet. The rest of my pedals are quiet also. I just need to buy a couple zip ties to secure this thing to my pedalboard, and I'll be set. I'm super happy with this purchase.

Anybody else tried this power supply?

-Jay

Case24

Reaction score
Congratulations. Isolated power is the way to go with these digital pedals. I bought a different brand this summer and it solved my noise problems.

Latest Threads