New pick guard day

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a collection of Fender parts; two guards, a bridge plate complete with saddles, and once the other parts get here, two sets of brass barrels with screws.
The ashtray is from my Standard Tele (I have another cover on order), and it's had the guard replaced, too, along with new saddles. My camera didn't like the light change from white guard to black.
A Bakelite guard has a very different feel from plastic, although it's just as smooth. The back is noticeably fibrous.

I had to loosen the control plate and lift the end of it and the guard slightly and push them down together to get it to fit.

Leumas

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I dig it. Although the white did highlight that beautiful blue. Electric guitars could have started and stopped with the telecaster and I would have been happy.

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
An improvement! Some contrast was needed.

Or something.
I dig it. Although the white did highlight that beautiful blue. Electric guitars could have started and stopped with the telecaster and I would have been happy.
I have an Arctic White Tele with a bright white guard, so I wanted this as a counter point to that. Plus, it makes this Tele a sort of transitional "birth year" guitar for me. Some features are from early '54, some later. The black guard is early '54 but I'm late '54.

Bend'n'Slide

Reaction score
Great colour -- and a blackguard looks good on most Teles. Like it!

Custom colour on an early Tele. Why not? :dude:

Latest Threads