New Phaez Amp

hipofutura

Reaction score
I exchanged emails today with Randy at Phaez Amps. I asked Randy what mods he had in mind for my Daisycutter, which I returned to him for an upgrade, in order to get the tone/voicing I'm after. He has been experimenting with a new amp design that will be added to his lineup. It's a Dumble ODS inspired blues amp. He describes it as lower gain than the Daisycutter, with greater tone control, and Dumble ODS voicing. So it looks like he's going to do a swap using my chassis. This way the new amp will fit my cabinet. I can't wait to get my hand on it, but it is likely to be awhile.

LPV

Reaction score
Cool, how is that working vs. the pricing on the mod ?

hipofutura

Reaction score
LPV, I don't know. We didn't discuss pricing. I just asked Randy to do whatever was necessary.

LPV

Reaction score
I'm sure he'll be fair. I have had my daisycutter for almost 4 months now and I am still blown away with it. But it suits my style. I think I would like to try his twreck next.

hipofutura

Reaction score
I'm sure he'll be fair.

I'm sure he will be. That's way I didn't press him for pricing or a quote.

Have you listened to any of the Dumble audio clips? It's quite an amp. Better suited for the music I like. It's more of a distorted/overdriven Fender, while the Daisycutter is more hi-gain Marshall.

I was impressed with how well my Daisycutter nailed the ZZ Top and Boston tones.

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A blues amp, wow, wonder how that's gonna sound like! Amazing.

Deftone

Reaction score
I'm sure he will be. That's way I didn't press him for pricing or a quote.

Randy is extremely reasonable on pricing and great to work with.

I was impressed with how well my Daisycutter nailed the ZZ Top and Boston tones.

+1

It's difficult to not want to buy another amp from Randy, something different. If I had money to burn, I'd buy another Phaez.

Latest Threads