New/old finishes you'd like to see offered?

Musha Ring

Reaction score
Love that Studio. They friggin' nailed the color choices with the 2016 Studios...

They really did. Something for everybody. Classic stains, white, black, and cool new colors (to that line) like Pelham Blue and Inverness Green. I could be mistaken, but I believe that year was the last year the Studio came with a hard case.

Roxy13

Reaction score
I almost bought a ruby Gem finished Studio.

gball

Reaction score
They really did. Something for everybody. Classic stains, white, black, and cool new colors (to that line) like Pelham Blue and Inverness Green. I could be mistaken, but I believe that year was the last year the Studio came with a hard case.
They were actually shipping with a hard case until early 2019.

Les Paul Studio 2019 (gibson.com)

I am still kicking myself for not picking up a 2018 or 2019 when they had neck binding and a hard case. Those were wicked cool.

efisch

Reaction score
The old bowling ball colors of the 70s deluxes like the sparkle blue and candy red. With a natural back, those are some of my favorite colors/styles.
I love those too. You see the limited run Guitar Center did a couple of years back? They did it right IMHO - more current dished top, 60's neck, small head stock. Want.

efisch

Reaction score
I would love to see a return of the 70's matching teardrop sunburst on the back of Les Paul Customs. I always really liked that.

Cory

Reaction score
Personally I’d like to see the Custom Shop match the backs to the tops on their reissues - why on earth does a lemon burst, which is supposed to replicate the appearance of a almost completely faded out burst have a deep blood red back??? Drives me bonkers - I can see like a factory burst or bourbon burst having a dark red back, but the iced tea and lemon variants should have substantially less red and should match the top fade they are trying to emulate.

Cory

Reaction score
Also would love to see them bring back the Chicago Blue finish - I had a 2013 in this finish that I sorely regret selling when I started down the custom shop/reissue rabbit hole...

SRPNTN

Reaction score
candy green

Interesting shade of green. Does it have a name? Below is my 93 Studio that I stripped and repainted with a 69 Ford color called "Anti-Establishmint." View attachment 542527
candy green

Candy Green seems more like a Shamrock to me. Here's my 93 Studio that I stripped and repainted with a 1969 Ford color called "Anti-Establish-mint." I grew up liking bursts only, but now appreciate the solids as a legacy of the gold tops.

Attachments

amgomez

Reaction score

gball

Reaction score
They already started making them again.

They’re all on back order as far as I can tell.
I've been keeping my eye on these to see if they ever come back in stock. The idea of having a contemporary one alongside my original '79 is appealing but not sure I want to drop that kind of scratch. Once they are in stock and a real possibility it will be easier to decide if I'm actually ready to drop that kind of cash.

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I’d like to see the Custom Shop match the backs to the tops on their reissues - why on earth does a lemon burst, which is supposed to replicate the appearance of a almost completely faded out burst have a deep blood red back??? Drives me bonkers - I can see like a factory burst or bourbon burst having a dark red back, but the iced tea and lemon variants should have substantially less red and should match the top fade they are trying to emulate.
Because guitars are usually hung top side out or laid top side up?
Just an immediate thought.

Latest Threads