New/old finishes you'd like to see offered?

Musha Ring

Reaction score
Been looking at the new finishes Gibson released and got thinking.

What are some finishes you folks would like to see offered, and on what models?

I've always thought they should offer the off-white (like Randy Rhoads) LP Custom as a regular finish. I think it would look awesome on a Classic model as well.

I'd also like to see lightburst and root beer make a return.

BDW60

Reaction score
Yeah, I do so love a red sparkle LP standard. I can’t believe one has eluded me all these years.

Caretaker

Reaction score
Pewter Gray Custom.
Would look great on a Standard too.

DaveSG

Reaction score
Wow, some really great suggestions here! +1 on the Candy Blue 70s throwback....what a great color!

I really dig that faded teal Pelham blue color...imagine that w/ natural sides and back!

The 'all natural' is a great suggestion too.

I like a black top, but prefer natural sides. That, coupled w/ some aged nickel covers, is the money.

Also would like to see a silverburst color, but on a 50s/60s Standard.

I normally wouldn't buy a goldtop...but if they used a closer-to-original formula that actually had the copper in it that oxidized and turned green, I probably couldn't help it!

I'd also dig the 'ocean burst' on an otherwise extremely traditional 50s/60s Standard - it would simply be the blue version of a Sunburst, and blue is a popular color, so why not? Something like this:

rpc-mt-blue-quilt-body-1500.jpg

JMP

Reaction score
Natural back and black top. Also, gold top and black/dark back.

gball

Reaction score
Honestly, almost anything but another sunburst. I love a good sunburst but I really think they are leaning too hard on them and should offer a bunch of different solid/opaque colors. I'd really like to see a white Studio again. And they could take my money right this minute if they offered an Inverness Green Standard.

Latest Threads