New Moderator Day - Roberteaux

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
:laugh2:

Sure is weird down there! :shock:

I have to ask, though: what's that big pile of human skulls in that one chamber all about?

I knew there were subterranean catacombs beneath the Backstage, but had no idea that one of the grottoes was full of skulls... man, it's kind of spooky down there... :Ohno:

--R :laugh2:
Rob

ALWAYS knock before entering THAT grotto...

It’s leased to @Harmony...

cheers

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
So I've got a bit of a learning curve to deal with here. Fortunately, I have enough sense to avoid just mashing buttons I'm not sure about-- especially the big red one with the placard that says, "Do Not Touch This Button!"
Pushing that button does NOT get Maker’s Mark delivered to your door! Ask Dave how he knows...

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, Mr. Erteaux!
In total and complete honesty, I can't think of another member who would be better suited or more welcomed.
Good show!
Thanks, James!

On an unrelated note-- but so long as you're around: while languishing in lockdown boredom, I finally decided to have a look at the Joaquin Phoenix movie, "Joker"...

You may recall that I expressed a fairly disdainful level of disinterest in the film earlier, when it was first released.

And that's why I figured that you might like to hear about my updated, new-and-improved attitude towards the film:

I THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT! :shock:

Really did!

I thought that Nicholson's portrayal was amusing for all the campy slapstick of it... and I liked how Heath Ledger portrayed a Joker who was as much a super-villain as Batman was a super hero...

But I never realized that the character could be portrayed in another dimension altogether-- that is, as an extremely faulty human being with a raft of emotional and psychological problems... and that his story could be framed using a plot that provided us with a plausible "what if?" angle...

Like, could there be a real-life Joker? :hmm:

And so I thought you would probably feel at least slightly vindicated to have me saying to you directly, and in public: I thought the movie to be a masterpiece.

It is literally my favorite of the three films that depicted the Joker as a main character!

Absolutely amazing. I wish I had kept a more open mind, and had viewed it sooner.

--Rob :thumb:

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
No. No. No. I was not consulted; I was not informed. I never received the fucking memo and there is no voice mail on my phone. How is that possible? This is bullshit. Simply bullshit.

Know what it's time for, now?

DumpsterFire1.jpeg
`

We got us an FNG, boys & girls.

If you told me this before Rob, I would never have agreed to drop by and hang out with you. A Mod? You? A Mod? Really? Fuck! Really?

sonar1

Reaction score
They’re not all human skulls in that grotto in the catacombs.

Somewhere under the pile Bertzie’s wounded possum lurks.
Take the .44 Special. Have it on you at all times, especially when you hear a delivery coming down the drop pipe into the bin from operations.
It could be a still barely alive sock puppet with rabies on the express elevator to hell
”...goin’ DOWN man!...”
-Hudson

James R

Reaction score
Thanks, James!

On an unrelated note-- but so long as you're around: while languishing in lockdown boredom, I finally decided to have a look at the Joaquin Phoenix movie, "Joker"...

You may recall that I expressed a fairly disdainful level of disinterest in the film earlier, when it was first released.

And that's why I figured that you might like to hear about my updated, new-and-improved attitude towards the film:

I THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT! :shock:

Really did!

I thought that Nicholson's portrayal was amusing for all the campy slapstick of it... and I liked how Heath Ledger portrayed a Joker who was as much a super-villain as Batman was a super hero...

But I never realized that the character could be portrayed in another dimension altogether-- that is, as an extremely faulty human being with a raft of emotional and psychological problems... and that his story could be framed using a plot that provided us with a plausible "what if?" angle...

Like, could there be a real-life Joker? :hmm:

And so I thought you would probably feel at least slightly vindicated to have me saying to you directly, and in public: I thought the movie to be a masterpiece.

It is literally my favorite of the three films that depicted the Joker as a main character!

Absolutely amazing. I wish I had kept a more open mind, and had viewed it sooner.

--Rob :thumb:
Super glad you enjoyed it as much as what I thought you might.
It really was a well put together movie, and that angle of the character is one of the things that makes him stand head and shoulders above the rest of the standard comic book villains.

No feelings of vindication here, though, just happy that you don't feel you wasted your time in watching it!

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to ask, though: what's that big pile of human skulls in that one chamber all about?

I knew there were subterranean catacombs beneath the Backstage, but had no idea that one of the grottoes was full of skulls... man, it's kind of spooky down there... :Ohno:

Hmm.. Let's see..

Sable, LPO68, Ledlover, ExPFCWintergreen, Cortana, BOOBO, Scatterbrane, RuffTuff, BlindLemonChitlin, Chicken Wing (bits of flesh still on that one, stay clear) and Jim, Jim, Jim, Jim and Jim...

Latest Threads