New Members: If people are giving you crap for your questions, ask me

Blackie

Banned
Reaction score
i dont even know if this is a stupid question or not............
Why on LP bridges sometimes the intonation adjustment screws face the headstock and others more commonly (i think) do the face the tail piece?
and does it really matter?

There are two main bridges Gibson uses, the ABR-1 and the Nashville.
On the ABR-1 the screws face the headstock, and on the Nashville the screws
face the tail piece. The difference in the two bridges is that the ABR-1 has the studs go right into the wood of the guitar and the thumb screws then on those. The Nashville has threaded inserts that are pushed into the wood of the guitar and then the studs screw into those and then thumb wheels on those.

But there are many guitars that people will flip either bridge to get a finer intonation adjustment.....or the bridge fell off when they were changing strings and they put it back on wrong :naughty:

squire142

Reaction score
There are two main bridges Gibson uses, the ABR-1 and the Nashville.
On the ABR-1 the screws face the headstock, and on the Nashville the screws
face the tail piece. The difference in the two bridges is that the ABR-1 has the studs go right into the wood of the guitar and the thumb screws then on those. The Nashville has threaded inserts that are pushed into the wood of the guitar and then the studs screw into those and then thumb wheels on those.

But there are many guitars that people will flip either bridge to get a finer intonation adjustment.....or the bridge fell off when they were changing strings and they put it back on wrong :naughty:

Cheers Slacky,
My guitars thumb screws or lack there of is something else which has always confused me, but not to worry she still wails :D

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
My last 2c on this. We all, including myself, need to realize there are no dumb questions just dumb answers. Even if the questions been asked before we just answer it and move on. Not that hard I think.

I posted a question about an Epiphone today and I did get very good answers but one member gave the thread one star. ??? It's just a question and it's not worthy?

When I was on an old programming/hacking forum we would get the same questions all the time but they were answered with no issues. I was part of the PHP section and if anyone would ask a question I would do my best to help out.

With more guitar experience I hope to do the same here.

Peace
Jeff

Drew224

"Obvious BS Artist"
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My last 2c on this. We all, including myself, need to realize there are no dumb questions just dumb answers. Even if the questions been asked before we just answer it and move on. Not that hard I think.

I posted a question about an Epiphone today and I did get very good answers but one member gave the thread one star. ??? It's just a question and it's not worthy?

When I was on an old programming/hacking forum we would get the same questions all the time but they were answered with no issues. I was part of the PHP section and if anyone would ask a question I would do my best to help out.

With more guitar experience I hope to do the same here.

Peace
Jeff

Jeff, there is one, or are a few members who seek to degrade other members by exploiting any means they can to be annoying as hell to anyone they dislike. People are fairly quick to jump on any thread by a certain member, regardless of content. It's disappointing to say the least.

Mob, where to net-jerks come from?

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
Jeff, there is one, or are a few members who seek to degrade other members by exploiting any means they can to be annoying as hell to anyone they dislike. People are fairly quick to jump on any thread by a certain member, regardless of content. It's disappointing to say the least.

Mob, where to net-jerks come from?

You're right. We really should be hear to learn and teach. Not be snarky when it comes to any question. Or at least I would hope so. It's a shame but that's life I guess. :(

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i am electing to stay out of this one. this thread has been hijacked so badly it doesnt even resemble what i tried to start. it has created a spinoff thread, however which is interesting. i tried to do a good thing, was accused of some fucked up stuff like being a self appointed mod, was told to man up and call people out, etc. certain members need to grow up and realize when someone is offering help, it is often just that, an offer of help. there is not always a hidden agenda with people. i will not play into the game of going on and on about members who start shit. i keep checking this thread to see if there are any legit questions, but i will not continue to discuss the problems with members in this thread. i offered my help, it was shit canned and criticized by people, so if anyone needs any help, they can pm me or send me an email.

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
fairplay to jeff for changing his point of view and offering to help out. you have my respect for your statements sent via pm.

Latest Threads