New Member! My Murphy R9 and 2013 traditional

George_92

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I guess you could call me a 'recent' Les Paul convert, falling in love with a 2013 traditional earlier this year, they have became my 'go to' guitar. I've always been looking at threads on here, so I guess it's time I register.

Anyway here they are.

My Lemon burst Murphy aged R9

My Traditional(new Honey burst)

& White Falcon

And some of the gang

Salamae

Reaction score
Nice collection, and congrats on the new acquisitions!

boyscout

GAS study patient member
Reaction score
Welcome, and congrats. That R9 looks very sweet... looks a little bit like Sandy with pup covers.

There is no cure for the LP enthusiasm you've contracted. Enjoy the GAS.

Backstage

Reaction score
Welcome to the show :cheers: . You got some really nice guitars!

MrWrong

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Fine looking guitars you have there!

smcgov

Reaction score
Nice LP's, I'm curious as to whats your take on differences / simarities between the two?

Thanks and welcome.

George_92

Reaction score
Thank you everyone! :) Sorry I've been late to reply, I've been a bit under the weather and for some reason it posted two threads?...

Welcome, and congrats. That R9 looks very sweet... looks a little bit like Sandy with pup covers.

There is no cure for the LP enthusiasm you've contracted. Enjoy the GAS.
I guess it does, maybe I should take the covers off? haha! I've got GAS bad .. I just bought a new amp :(

That mirror is gorgeous!

As is your family photo, I'm drooling 10x over. Now you've got to take another photo like that with your new LPs.

Congrats on the acquisitions!
Thanks! :) I have to do a reshoot, 5 of my guitars are about 500km away, so the les pauls, flying V, another strat.. I might need a big couch, but I'd love to get an outdoors shot with the R9, they look so good in the sunlight.

Nice LP's, I'm curious as to whats your take on differences / simarities between the two?

Thanks and welcome.
I'll start with the physical:

The traditional is one of the heaviest LP's I've ever played, it was about 9.9lbs(4.5kg) on my bathroom scales(it was also heavier than the other traditional they had at the shop). While I haven't weighed the R9 yet, it is definitely the lightest of any LP I've ever played, a lot lighter than the other R9's in the shop.

Acoustically the R9 is a lot louder and 'sweeter' sounding.

The traditional has a thicker neck, it felt in-between the R8/R9 neck, feels beefier though, but I find both really comfortable.

I haven't been able to play both for over two weeks now :( but once I get them back I'll do a comparison of the two! Both sound great though... but this R9 just sings, however I'll say this in the traditional's defence... of all the other 2013 R8's, R9's & R0's I played that day(I guess about ten of them) I would have picked my traditional over those guitars, I'm going to get flamed for saying that :D

Latest Threads