New member. Just ordered Trad Pro V

JLILL

Reaction score
I've lost my senses. I’m a hack guitarist. Been plunking around on acoustics for several years and just recently (May) i’ve Jumped in the rabbit hole of electrics. I have a Gretsch 5420T and a new Fender player plus tele. I love both of them so i’m Not totally sure why i’m Spending money I shouldn’t spend on a Les Paul.

ANyway i’ve been doing a little research and it seems the $1599 sale price at GC makes this a nice deal especially since it comes with a hard case and $159 rewards bucks. Frankly all the pick up switching options will probably be lost on me but it’S nice to have the options.

My only trepidation was all the electronics. I just hope the HP4 system is very reliable. I’m seriously looking forward to this guitar. This should cover my desires for iconic guitars (of course I thought that when I bought the Tele).

I’m looking forward to spending time on this forum.

Happy Thanksgiving
Jim

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
traditionals are badass…
you will love the lester and may find the fenders get less play for a while…

les pauls are so distinct and spectacular that tend to make all other guitars feel pedestrian…

welcome to the cult

-chris

C Squared

Reaction score
The harness and tradbuckers sound great. Welcome aboard. Next year you may have 2 more Les Pauls

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
Welcome aboard and Happy Thanksgiving. We are here to ENABLE you. You chose VERY well -- that is a lot of Les Paul for the money, and prices just keep going up. Please create a NGD thread when it arrives. We would LOVE to see it, and enable you even more!!!

Roberteaux

The Immoderator
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

But oh my goodness: you've certainly come to the wrong site if you wish to be discouraged from buying a Les Paul!

Too late anyway! :laugh2:

I love both of them so i’m Not totally sure why i’m Spending money I shouldn’t spend on a Les Paul.
:hmm:

I'd say it's because the money's essentially worthless, but you *needed this guitar*... ;)

Seems like you got a pretty good deal, there. I've got a 2010 GLP that was built before they started sticking all the push-pull pots and etc. in the Traditional models, so I'm not really sure what to say about the electronics package in the model you just purchased...

...except to say that if you don't like the stuff, you sure aren't going to have a hard time finding another setup to replace it with. In fact, if it comes to that, the hard part will be figuring out what to replace it with, there are so many options out there. :p

Anyway, gratz on your NGD, and again: welcome to the forum!

--R :thumb:

sonar1

Reaction score
Welcome!
You’ll love the Traditional.
Don’t HAVE to pull the push/pull pots. Leave ‘em down and it works like any usual LP.
Gretsch/Tele/LP is a good stable!
You won’t need a Strat for a while, the Trad will get those goinky tones if you pull a couple pots up.

questionman

Reaction score
I bought one of the Trad Pro V husks a couple months ago in red. I didn’t think I would like the thin asymmetrical neck as much as I do. Granted I have different electronics, pickups and hardware than the stock models but it’s a very reliable stable solid guitar. You’ll enjoy it!

Latest Threads