New Member Here: Help Me get Rid Of a Chibson Seller

Gergo

Reaction score
Hey, I am a brand new member, and just signed up. I am on short break from work, and will complete my profile and do a proper introduction later.

I am the proud owner of a nice Gibson Les Paul Classic plus as well as a bunch of other brands (Epiphone included)

The reason I am doing this quick post, is I am hoping you guys can help me get this listing for a Chibson removed. Maybe if everyone flags this, the website will take it down. I am hardcore anti-Chibson, and my blood boils when I see something like this.

I first learned about this listing when I was on the Agile forum, and a guy there had contacted the seller, confronting him about the fact he is selling a fake "Les Paul Custom" for $750. The seller responded to this guy with a barrage of profanity. I also contacted this guy multiple times, and he has not responded nor has he taken the listing down. So far the web site has done nothing after the listing has been flagged multiple times by Agile Forum members.

Maye if you guys join in, we can get some results. I just do not want to see some kid or unsuspecting person get ripped-off.

Here is the link:
https://offerupnow.com/item/detail/...l-has-protective-plastic-on-it-mint-condition

Gergo

Reaction score
No one here even cares????
I have to admit. I am a bit surprised

ToneasaurusRex

Reaction score
Only twenty minutes between your posts, dude.
EDIT: Nope, actually more like four hours. My mistake.

The forum is pretty active and I am sure we will have more folks chime in soon. For what it's worth, yeah, that's a fake and I reported it.

Welcome to the forum! Post pics of your gear!

:wave:

Side Burns

#==€@)
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
1st post contributing.....

Welcome to MLP & be sure to post LOTS of pics if your guitars :)

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's an ongoing thing with us here at MLP. Been fighting to get things removed, trying to educate people on why it's wrong and so on.

Good chance you'll get the help you are looking for here, but the best thing to do is learn to spot the crap and help others to learn how and keep people from buying them.

We urge people to post potential buys here and let the educated populous give a nay or yay. Arguing with complete idiots that are selling these things is tiring anymore.

BTW, welcome to MLP :)

major

Reaction score
To the OP:

Welcome to the real world.

Yes, we know that fake Gibsons are being produced - probably in the Epiphone factory - owned by Gibson - where they effectively produce Epibsons - cheap Chinese copies of real Gibsons - along with a big lump of marketing spin to make them sound like cool guitars.

But we know better. We pay a huge amount more money - and then complain about US quality control.

Please (I'm ducking now, because I know flak will follow) realise that the computer you are viewing this on is COMPLETELY Chinese. Whatever brand it says - it IS Chinese.

If you have a smartphone, it IS CHINESE.

Forty years ago, "made in Japan" meant it was s**t. Now, we pay good money for that stuff.

Put simply, the Chinese will make products to ANY quality you throw at them. They can make s**t. They can make top quality. The only difference is whatever the buyer decides.

Ignore them at your peril. In 20 years, possibly ALL guitars will be made there....

chasenblues

Reaction score
Something funky with that site.

Joined,

There are "reviews" listed under the sellers name.

I tried clicking all over the place, Can't access them.

Reported it.

Platte City Paul

Reaction score
Some of us have lives outside of this forum, junior. Patience is a virtue.

Gergo

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I just noticed that the guys over at the Agile forum are reporting it too. Someone on that forum also found another website this guy has this listed on.

This seller is such an outstanding guy, he is selling an OJ Simpson jersey. I mean....nothing illegial about that, but it still says something about the guy.

Looking forward to talking to you guys more in the future, and I will post pics of my 20 or so guitars.

Oh....and it was actually about 4 hours between my post above. Maybe there was some issue with my time stamp?

Lightningflash

Reaction score
Reported it.

On a side note, that's quite some nut on that thing.....but that's what she said!

312e61cd4c1249a49e48bc56b6a76435.jpg

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Reaction score
Says its mint, still has the plastic on it..

Where's Jstar when you need him? Just went over plastic on new Gibson's on another thread.

He would LOVE to get a look at that!

We'de love to see those 20 gits the OP says he has!

As we say around here:photos: or it didn't happen!

Tjspahr

Reaction score
Reported.

It also says he has a Taylor "dreadknot" for sale.

Those are my favorite dreadknots.

:wow:

SnowWhite

Reaction score
I am glad to see people working for free for Gibson.

NRBQ

Reaction score
I am glad to see people working for free for Gibson.

No ****, I took a tour of the Gibson plant the other day and they made me sweep up while I was there. That's F'd up, I told them no but they said, it didn't matter what I wanted because Henry said so, I mean what an a**hole. I'll never tour the Gibson plant again.

Oh yeah I almost forgot, what's up Gergo, what were you saying again? Something about you Cheerios.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlylQ8XYqx8[/ame]

Latest Threads