New member and NGD

CattleDog

Reaction score
Greetings all - been lurking around for a while and finally signed up. Mostly a Strat style player but I’ve had some Epiphone LP’s in the past. Decided I wanted a Gibson and thought for sure I was going to get a Studio in Tangerine Burst but my local shop just got this Classic in fresh from Gibson (literally QC’d on 12/22/20, so super fresh). What a great guitar! It was effortless to dial in all those classic Les Paul tones, it’s more comfortable than it’s weight would suggest (9 pounds, 12 oz), and I like the carve quite a bit! I do prefer more plain tops, and you can’t go wrong with Heritage Cherry Burst. Any way, quick shot below with my beloved Silver Sky - they make a great couple! Looking forward to getting bad ideas about spending lots more money on more guitars by whoever the chief forum enablers are...
D728C165-0804-4B87-AE79-AFC241726C21.jpeg
D728C165-0804-4B87-AE79-AFC241726C21.jpeg

dmac in SC

Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be the first to chime in.... you can not go wrong with present day Gibsons, and that one is an absolute looker...even if it was ugly, I am sure that the sounds would make up for it.

i would love to check out a Silver Sky, but none of the shops near here carry any...and they are a little too pricey to test drive.

Happy NGD..You did Well!

Gitter

Reaction score
Congrats on scoring a great looking guitar!! My first Les Paul was a plain top cherry sunburst Standard (a bazillion years ago). Welcome to the Gibson family and the forum!

Latest Threads