New Marshall amp day!

speyfly

Reaction score
I added another amp to my low wattage collection and I'm all smiles right now. After playing a few hours with multiple guitars I think it has found a home. Sounds great with the Tele's (humbuckers in one and Toneriders singles in the other), Ibanez Artist's, and all sounds great but I'm very pleased with how my Les Paul DC with P-90's sounds. Really cleaned thing up with the right amount of dirt.

Overall I really think I'm gona like this amp plus having the the low power output of 0.5W to keep the family happy.

DSC_0343-001.JPG

Last edited:

cmjohnson

Reaction score
Origin 20. Not bad! They are cool amps that can do a good job of sounding like classic JMP Marshalls, and also have their own thing going as well.

I'd pick one up for myself if I came across a good deal on one locally. But for now I'll just have to suffer the consequences of running my restored 1973 100 watt Marshall Superlead halfstack...in my bedroom. That gets LOUD. But I love it! I just run a long cord and play from out on the hallway. The neighbors never complain, anyway.

speyfly

Reaction score
Origin 20. Not bad! They are cool amps that can do a good job of sounding like classic JMP Marshalls, and also have their own thing going as well.

I'd pick one up for myself if I came across a good deal on one locally. But for now I'll just have to suffer the consequences of running my restored 1973 100 watt Marshall Superlead halfstack...in my bedroom. That gets LOUD. But I love it! I just run a long cord and play from out on the hallway. The neighbors never complain, anyway.
The visual I get of you playing down the hallway is pretty funny but understandable :rofl:

speyfly

Reaction score
Those micro/mini heads are perfect for hobbyist guitar players. For someone who works an off shift like me, they're perfect. Real tube amps that won't get the cops called on you at midnight. I've got a little collection going myself.
Very nice, what's your thoughts on the JOYO? Not that I need anymore amps (2 more not showing in pic).

Max Max

Reaction score
Very nice, what's your thoughts on the JOYO? Not that I need anymore amps (2 more not showing in pic).
It's surprisingly good. I got the Zombie XL, so it's the two channel version with the footswitch. Sounds like a cross between a Duel Rec and a Mark series Mesa(as close as you can get in this price range obviously). I run a five band eq in the effects loop to get it closer to the Mark series sound. You can get a pretty damn good Metallica tone with it.

cmjohnson

Reaction score
Left top: 1978 Marshall 2203 100 watt master volume model.
Left bottom: 1973 Marshall 1959 Superlead 100 watt, fully restored
Right middle: 1999 Marshall JTM45 reissue
Right bottom: 1974 Marshall 1959 Superlead 100 watt, modified.
Left cabinet: 1980s JCM800 era 1960A cabinet converted to late 60s pinstripe specs. (Matching bottom not shown) Speaker complement is 2 Celestion G12M25 Greenback reissues and 2 Celestion G12M65 Creambacks.
Right cabinet: Hartke GH412A with 4 G12M25 Greenbacks and a logo that doesn't belong.

Deftone

Reaction score
It's surprisingly good. I got the Zombie XL, so it's the two channel version with the footswitch. Sounds like a cross between a Duel Rec and a Mark series Mesa(as close as you can get in this price range obviously). I run a five band eq in the effects loop to get it closer to the Mark series sound. You can get a pretty damn good Metallica tone with it.
I have eight amps including a Joyo Zombie. It's pretty amazing, IMHO. I run an MXR Six Band EQ and a MXR Carbon Copy in the EQ. I love that thing.

Deftone

Reaction score
I think Marshall has done a great job in the last few years offering something for everyone in every price range.

efstop

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My collection of 5W or less tube amps. I've been collecting for a few years now, but I bought the Class 5 eleven years ago. I have a new Origin 5C arriving this week, I hope.

Greta, Supro Blues King 8
Blackstar HT-1, Vox AC4C1, Hughes & Kettner Tube Meister 5
DSL1HR, Class 5, Gretsch Electromatic (same as a Fender Champion 600.)

Joyo JTA-05 (Fender Champ clone)

DSL5C and 2/3 of my guitars ;)

Latest Threads