New Lespauls..Mahogany & Redwood tops

joedonner2001

Reaction score
F-me. That's a veritable smörgåsbord of limited runs.

You can never make too many of those, I always say.

But yes - I like the all hog model. Would look better in faded cherry, though.

gotw27homepage.jpg

jordans0nly

Reaction score
F-me. That's a veritable smörgåsbord of limited runs.

You can never make too many of those, I always say.

But yes - I like the all hog model. Would look better in faded cherry, though.

gotw27homepage.jpg

That one just sold not long ago in the Classifieds.

Guitaraxe

Reaction score
Pretty cool. Ironwood! Apparently it's not a specific species.....

Wood magazine.com

"Despite the wood's reknown, however, ironwood isn't a specific species. Rather, it's the colloquial term for a state or region's toughest wood. All told, there are 80 distinct species around the world known as ironwood.
In Texas, for instance, it's honey mesquite. The ironwood found in the northern U.S., Canada, and Europe is actually hophornbeam. Florida has horsetail casuarina as its ironwood. In Australia, it's Queensland red ironwood; in Ceylon, gangsaw. Brazil touts pau ferro and quebracho. So, wherever you live, you'll never be wrong equating the toughest wood you know with iron, you just won't be technically correct."

Roshy Boy

Reaction score
Did the Feds give the okee dokee on using Ironwood for the Fretboard on the Redwood LP? :naughty:

E1WOOD5150

Purveyor of Joke Grenades
Reaction score

I'd love to see this as a re-imagined Junior; a single P-90, lightning-bolt wraptail, top-carve, same thickness body, binding...MAYBE a toggle switch along the lines of an Esquire...

Anyone with me?

JMB1984

Reaction score
Cool runs and it's nice to finally see something with a 50s profile (at least in the case of the Redwood).

Malchik

Reaction score
I'd love to see this as a re-imagined Junior; a single P-90, lightning-bolt wraptail, top-carve, same thickness body, binding...MAYBE a toggle switch along the lines of an Esquire...

Anyone with me?
Not really.

rjshare

Reaction score
What do you want a toggle switch for if there is only one pup?

rjshare

Reaction score
Re: ironwood, in Europe we call it ipe, and it gets used for a lot of exterior decking, and also in the construction of marimbas so I don't think there wood be any issue with importing it. I have actually used it myself for a fretboard on a build I did and it is hard as concrete, very resonant and a great alternative to rosewood (other than it smelling even worse than teak).

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
I'd love to see that redwood top finished in tung oil instead of crap-brown.

E1WOOD5150

Purveyor of Joke Grenades
Reaction score
What do you want a toggle switch for if there is only one pup?

Esquires have a 3 way switch that gives the player 3 tonal options. Much like a 2 pickup guitar, you get a bassier sound in the forward position, a middle ground in the middle and a brighter, more cutting tone in the back position (wide open, if you will).

Courtesy of Wikipedia:
Although the Esquire had only a single pickup, it retained the three-way switch of the two-pickup guitars. This switch modified the tone of the pickup by making it bassier in the forward position, while enabling use of the tone control knob in the middle position. With the switch in the rear position, these tone controls were bypassed entirely for a "hotter" lead tone.

I thought the variety might make the guitar a little more versatile.

Latest Threads