New Les Paul

RalphieBoy

Reaction score
Greetings All, I just took home a new out of the box 2020 Les Paul Standard 60's. My post is about how I now feel with a brand new fresh Les Paul vs all the 20 plus guitars I have had including Les Pauls but were never new. I used to look at buying new as paying premium. I never went new and walked into a local GC a few weeks ago to get strings or something and absolutely got crushed with GAS at the nicest burst I have seen. They call it a Bourbon Burst but there was no mention of the maple flame top which at a minimum was AA grade! After a few visits I bought it. So, after a day or 2 with it now I have come to the conclusion there is something about NEW which I decided I now want. It is very cool that the serial number has this birth date as Oct 23, 2020 which is also stamped on the head. That's about as FRESH as you can get. There is was still unpolished on the head! It is unplayed except by me and that is a different feeling!

Soo, after all that....has anyone gone new after always being a used car kinda guy??

RalphieBoy

Reaction score
Sorry for the rough photo but this was when I took it out 1st time and inspected it for QC flaws. Everything down to the machine grooving on the fretboard checked out perfect. QC was great for a guitar made in 2020 with Covid-19. The workers were probably wearing masks when they made this guitar back in October!

Attachments

50 Watts

Reaction score
With used prices what they are these days, I’ll pay a bit extra for a new guitar. Lots of used prices are at or more than what a dealer will discount to. You get a dealer who can set it up the way you want and a factory warranty. Never thought that mattered until I had to refinish a neck on a National (1200 worth of work, I just paid for shipping).

I love used gear for things that you just can’t get anymore or for a substantial discount off of new. Baring either of those scenarios, hard to go wrong buying exactly what you want new.

Congrats. That’s a beauty!

TXOldRedRocker

A Variant Of Unknown Origin
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I agree! 3 of my 4 LP's were purchased new, and I'm about to order another brand new LP.
BTW, I have the same guitar. It can be seen in my Avatar.

LesPaul60sTribute

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar! Love the tri-burst - looks like you have the updated china case too. I find them a huge improvement over the TKL cases that were sent out with the 2019 Standards. Only the Costa Rica cases seem better that what you have.

I have a 2020 Standard arriving this week. I'm hoping for much the same as yourself. Glad to see you own such a handsome beauty.

monstruo_loco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new Les Paul!
I never realized it until reading your post, but I’ve never bought a new Les Paul before yet I’ve been drooling over them since I was a young teen & I bet that has to be a great feeling, glad you’ve found it to be well made & that’s a pretty guitar, enjoy!

TXOldRedRocker

A Variant Of Unknown Origin
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful guitar! Love the tri-burst - looks like you have the updated china case too. I find them a huge improvement over the TKL cases that were sent out with the 2019 Standards. Only the Costa Rica cases seem better that what you have.

I have a 2020 Standard arriving this week. I'm hoping for much the same as yourself. Glad to see you own such a handsome beauty.
Do you mind if I ask which one? (Or, I can wait until you announce it with a thread. NP.) I'm *this close* to ordering a new Standard.

lennoed

Reaction score
I brought home my new Standard 60s Unburst today and I couldn't be happier..........except if I could learn how to post photos of it so others could see ??

pondcaster

Reaction score
Wow, those Tribursts are maximum gorgeousness. Congrats!

Speaking of gorgeousness, do join our New Originals Club if you're not opposed to those types of things.

Would love to have yours represented there. Thx!

Last edited:

Latest Threads