New Les Paul Standard 60s Rosewood Fretboard - should I return it?

Wrench66

Reaction score
If it played well and sounded good, I’d keep it. I don’t understand why someone pulls out a microscope and inspects every square millimeter of a guitar. As soon as you play it, it’s gonna get scratched and the fretboard will develop wear.

By all means, but an epi if that’ll make you happy.

tnlpaul59

Reaction score
I had to go look at my 2019 Traditional after viewing those pics and mine is flawless as that one should be. I hope you've already sent it back. The one poster that pointed out resell issues is 100% correct. This is on par with trying to sell one of those repaired broken headstocks.

E.T.

Reaction score
That sounds about right if you live by social media which is mainly full of people bitching and whining and outraged about something and everything. Otherwise, everybody else is too busy playing or admiring their gear. That reminds me........ Time to wake up the neighbours.
Rule 1 of The Internet: "Do Not Feed The Trolls"

E.T.

Reaction score
Bound Gibsons still have fret nibs. I think you're confusing the Classic with the Standard.. The new Standards don't use a PCB or have weight relief.
My bad, nibs only disappeared in 2014-15. As far as the models are concerned I have no idea which ones have PCBs or chambering of late, just that I dislike both things. If the 2020 Standard doesn't have them, good. Unless the fretboard has been finished with a cheesegrater, obviously.

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
I’ll never understand the need to assign female gender to a guitar.
La Gitarra, La Chitarra...

It’s common vernacular, passed down over centuries, in keeping with the tradition of the Latin languages of the countries who pretty much invented the instrument, and their use of feminine pronouns.

“The more you know!” You’re Welcome...:cheers2:

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
For the ridiculous price Gibson has on these guitars it should be absolutely flawless. I've never seen this kind of goop even on an Epiphone. In fact I think the Asian folks would commit Hare Kare (ritual suicide by self disembowelment) if they produced something less than perfect. You'd be better off spending about $500 on an Epiphone made in Indonesia and guttingthe electronics for all USA parts. You'd have a better quality build and a one of a kind guitar that smoke this one for tone.

Here's my conspiracy theory (LOL)... (from my experience working in a production shop myself)

Typical American worker >> comes in late, leaves early, makes excuses for not coming to work, hates his job, is over-paid with more benefits than any other worker on the planet, doesn't give a flying fugg if he/she makes a good quality piece or not, if it just barely passes quality control, it goes out the door... if it doesn't pass quality control, gets sent back to his/her work bench, he/she gets pissed off, fuggs it together and then it gets sent out with all that hate hanging over it. Calls in "sick" every third Monday.
- Guitars cost $5,000

Typical Asian worker >> lives at the factory, honors his family by having this job, makes 1/3 (or less) than the American worker does, has no benefits, would rather commit hari kari (ritual suicide by self-disembowelment on a sword) if quality isn't absolutely perfect. Works 7 days a week, and 14 hours a day without complaint.
- Guitars cost $500
This “joke” never gets old does it?

E.T.

Reaction score
This “joke” never gets old does it?
Replace "American" with "Australian" and you have the exact reason the auto industry collapsed down under a couple of years back. Would you rather drive a Ford which could break down at any time because it was designed by entitled college graduates with no engineering skills and built by lazy, overpaid bogans or a Toyota which still runs after a building has been demolished under it?

Latest Threads