New Les Paul "Raw Power"

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Here's the new series of the Les Paul Studio:

raw-power_SG-lineup.jpg

This is a barebones Les Paul, but very different! The body is a maple body, with a maple fingerboard, with '57 Classic Humbuckers.

The guitars are nitro-finished, solid colors for the most part in some unusual shades.

Gibson - Gibson Guitar: Classic Les Paul Studio Guitar Tone, Electric Guitar Prices and Specs From Gibson Guitar Music Instruments

Not too bad, something different but respecting the traditional LP lines and design. Good for Gibson!

Also available is the SG version.
Gibson - Gibson Guitar: Electric and Acoustic Guitars, Bass Guitars, Baldwin Pianos and

i am wet

Reaction score
Looks neat, but i don't know how nice an all maple guitar would sound

Last

The Cleaner
Reaction score
The Maple Neck would definitely make it less prone to Headstock Breaks.

I actually think they look like a Fenderish type of Les Paul if that makes any sense.

djwilbanks

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I guess I like 'em, if they're real. :laugh2:

I'll take a white one, please. :D

zslane

Reaction score
Wow...a Les Paul with a maple neck and fingerboard.

Used to be a really rare collector's piece if you found one of those. Now, not so much anymore I guess. Though a Standard with a maple fingerboard is still rare...

I don't think I would want a Les Paul with that bright a sound...that's what Strats are for. ;)

lennon47

Reaction score
The Maple Neck would definitely make it less prone to Headstock Breaks.

I actually think they look like a Fenderish type of Les Paul if that makes any sense.

it's a mahogany neck though, just maple fretboard and body

mrpesca

Reaction score
Interesting. A little change of pace. May sound good. Somebody buy one, quick.

cynic79

Reaction score
Hmmm...not bad. Might be worth checking out, particularly the SG.

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
No, it's not a mahogany neck. The specs sheet says it's a maple body and maple neck. No mahogany.

That should make this LP very, very bright...

Zoshquin

Reaction score
possibly april fools.. but if it's real I dig the white one.. then I change it with white hardware..

The_Sentry

Reaction score
No, it's not a mahogany neck. The specs sheet says it's a maple body and maple neck. No mahogany.

That should make this LP very, very bright...

*nods*

Hmmm...you know, put some P-94's in that guitar....:hmm:

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A Stratopaul, there you go! lmao.... Gibson's newest invention an for only double the price of the real thing? Hold on, something ain't right! lmao

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Not a joke..got this from another forum..

"Just spoke to Gibson the SG is 1680.00 MSRP and will come with either soft or hard case depending on dealer and the LP will be 1880.00 MSRP with the same options on cases."

Apparently they will be released in July at the dealers.

Ekoms

Reaction score
I think its incredibly ugly. Not because its 'sacrilege' for an LP to be all maple, but just because I think its an ugly guitar.

BlueFin

Reaction score
LPSRPNSCH1-Finish-Shot.jpg

Gibson USA’s Les Paul Studio Raw Power is the Les Paul in its most basic form, yet built like none other before it. And it starts with a solid maple body to match its traditional maple top, resulting in a more articulate, bright tone. A maple fingerboard gives each played note a snappier response. A pair of Gibson’s renowned ’57 Classic pickups provides all the clear punch and muscle of those legendary “PAFs.” There’s also a new palette of satin finish colors to choose from: Gold, Yellow, White, Blue/Platinum, Trans Ebony, Olive Green, Natural, Aquamarine and Platinum. All the rest of the basics remain the same: 22-fret solid mahogany neck, a volume and control knob for each pickup, one three-way toggle switch, Grover Kluson-style green key tuners and Gibson’s pioneering Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece. The new Les Paul Studio Raw Power from Gibson USA is solid. It’s dependable. And most of all, it’s affordable – without any compromises. MSRP 1,850

Latest Threads