New Les Paul. Possible fake pickups? Tampered? Debating returning.

Reaction score
here in the middle east return policies don’t exist. credit card charge disputes don’t exist either. you buy it you’re stuck with it. it’s not a progressive way to do business but on the flip side winding up with someone else’s flipped pickup isn’t a concern.

Nintari

Reaction score
here in the middle east return policies don’t exist. credit card charge disputes don’t exist either. you buy it you’re stuck with it. it’s not a progressive way to do business but on the flip side winding up with someone else’s flipped pickup isn’t a concern.
There should be a happy middle somewhere. People should be able to return defective things within a reasonable amount of time but there definitely should be limits as well.

Having to do with buying a new guitar that someone returned, that's illegal in the United States. Whether or not Guitar Center is actually doing that, I don't know. But they're not suppose to, and if they are and someone files a class-action lawsuit, they're going to be screwed.

KS 5150

Reaction score
I read the whole thread apparently you didn't. :io:
Wrong again sparky...the pickup was untouched and never removed, which contradicts what you said. Someone unscrewed it and put it backwards, but that's it. If you had read the post above yours, it's mentioned there. If you read the entire thread and got that impression, I probably wouldn't recommend going to see a LP for sale alone...you'd end up with a Chibson lol.

• Haha
Reactions: HRC

Steven

Reaction score
I don't understand how a returned guitar can be classified as new, Once bought it becomes used.

InTheEvening

Reaction score
I don't understand how a returned guitar can be classified as new, Once bought it becomes used.
I think with big retailers like Guitar Center that have very generous return policies, they have to list them as new or at least as a demo model. Selling every returned guitar as used would prob cause them to lose a lot of money on returns and the policy would be dissolved.

I’m generally okay with having a previously returned guitar...but I expect them to look it over and make sure it’s not tampered and in “new” condition before accepting a return back or putting it back up for sale.
Either way, I’m happy with the guitar and the pickup is back as it should be with everything else confirmed as original and untampered, so no complaints.

Latest Threads