New Les Paul Mahogany Top

LesPaul60sTribute

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Well I now have 4 of these Les Paul Studio models. My latest is a 2007 full Mahogany Les Paul. These have such a beautiful mellow tone. Love the look of a Mahogany top too. It was also fun to add my own custom touches. Part of the fun of owning them!

Thanks for taking a look!

Attachments

• LesPaulMahogany1sm.jpg
    LesPaulMahogany1sm.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 379
  • LesPaulMahogany2sm.jpg
    LesPaulMahogany2sm.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 355
  • LesPaulMahogany3sm.jpg
    LesPaulMahogany3sm.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 365
  • LesPaulMahogany4sm.jpg
    LesPaulMahogany4sm.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 354
  • LesPaulMahogany5sm.jpg
    LesPaulMahogany5sm.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 362

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Reaction score
Very Nice! Love the hog tops! :applause:

And the tortoise shell accents! :thumb:

Donal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Nice :thumb:

Congrats and HNGD :applause:

jc2000

Reaction score
I like the look of that!! Congrats.

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE BAD ASS
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
CONGRATS. Nifty lookin' fiddle there, and I agree about the fun in customizing it.

madmusicltd

Reaction score
I like the aesthetic upgrades! I do prefer the look of speed knobs on the standard body shapes. Very unique look, amber speed knobs might work with the tortoise colored P/G?

Jclampitt

Reaction score
That is nice, kinda makes me wanna change out the plastic on mine.

endial

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Well I now have 4 of these Les Paul Studio models. My latest is a 2007 full Mahogany Les Paul. These have such a beautiful mellow tone. Love the look of a Mahogany top too.

Thanks for taking a look!

Stop hoggin' the 'Hogs, dude. Someone else may want one someday!

-Beautiful gits.

Hatefulsob

Banned
Reaction score
Is that a MF special from a few years back? My friend has one and it's a great guitar, though all his plastics are black.

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
10/10

Man oh man is that a badass guitar...

I'm wanting a brown Lester...have to add mahogany tops to my desert burst, Bourbon burst obsession...

What a beauty...love unique lesters..

Those knobs against the brown are so awesome looking :drool:

-Chris

moreles

Reaction score
Beautiful. Mahogany can really look great without getting too glitzy, and you've matched your parts to the look really well. Now that everyone can get a fantasy-bust AAAAAAA veneered flame/quilt/crazytop, it's guitars like yours that remind me how great the LP shape and proportions are, and how classy a beautiful plain piece of wood can be. How do you like the absence of pore-filler? Do you like the feel of the unfilled neck? I'm a dinosour and have a reflexive preference for filled mahogany. But yours has be rethinking that...

LesPaul60sTribute

Reaction score
Beautiful. Mahogany can really look great without getting too glitzy, and you've matched your parts to the look really well. Now that everyone can get a fantasy-bust AAAAAAA veneered flame/quilt/crazytop, it's guitars like yours that remind me how great the LP shape and proportions are, and how classy a beautiful plain piece of wood can be. How do you like the absence of pore-filler? Do you like the feel of the unfilled neck? I'm a dinosour and have a reflexive preference for filled mahogany. But yours has be rethinking that...

Thank you my friend. Very well stated. I do like the raw feeling Mahogany. Very organic feel to it. Like you its the simple lines that draw me in, not so much the tight quilt tops. All solid mahogany has quite a unique and sweet tone. These are chambered which make them very light too. They are resonant and far from quiet or weak sounding.

I own two Martin solid Mahogany acoustic guitars and they feel very much the same as this Les Paul. Very light satin finish with no fillers.

Thanks again for the kind words.

LesPaul60sTribute

Reaction score
10/10

Man oh man is that a badass guitar...

I'm wanting a brown Lester...have to add mahogany tops to my desert burst, Bourbon burst obsession...

What a beauty...love unique lesters..

Those knobs against the brown are so awesome looking :drool:

-Chris

Hello Chris,

Thanks for taking the time to say such nice things. I always wanted a natural brown all Mahogany Les Paul. It took a while to find the right one since they are no longer made but very happy I have this one. I also very much love the desert and bourbon burst as well.

Latest Threads