New Les Paul Day...Jury is out

RufusTelestrat

Reaction score
New 60s
IMG_8354.JPG
IMG_8352.JPG
Standard Day. Limited edition Tri burst. Great finish but this thing is Heavy.. I usually do not care, but damn.
Photos now. full review later.

DaveSG

Reaction score
I'm not usually a big fan of a black rimmed style burst (tobacco sunburst or the like) but that is a VERY well executed and balanced paint job, it is lovely.

What kind of weight are we talking about. If it sounded great, it will be worth hanging on. Where did you get it from? So many places are now posting weights that it is almost unusual to know know that spec before you buy.

Central Scrutinizer

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice!

Congratulations.

Love the Tri Burst finish, it screams Retro/Antique.

Enjoy it a long time.

lakeburst

Reaction score
WOW how cool is this ...

my congratulations ;-) have fun!

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
... How heavy is heavy? My heaviest is 10 pounds 4 ounces.
Yeah, 10 lbs 4 oz is the same as my non-weight-relieved 2018 LP Classic Player Plus. That guitar's weight is definitely acceptable for me, but it is admittedly right at the very high end of my "acceptability" limits.

How heavy is this beautiful new tri-burst?

Tollie

Reaction score
Yeah, 10 lbs 4 oz is the same as my non-weight-relieved 2018 LP Classic Player Plus. That guitar's weight is definitely acceptable for me, but it is admittedly right at the very high end of my "acceptability" limits.

How heavy is this beautiful new tri-burst?
I totally agree with you. I only play standing but it’s worth the suffering because my heavy Les Paul sounds very powerful. It’s a 1982 Standard, not weight relieved.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Congrats, very nice, a beautiful guitar!

My new Classic has 9-hole weight relief and still has a weight of just under 10lbs.

searswashere

Reaction score
My only 9-hole relief is 10lbs. Everything else has been 9.5 or less.

RufusTelestrat

Reaction score
9 lbs 8.84 oz on my luggage scale.
I guess it just seems heavy compared to a tele or strat.

Tollie

Reaction score
9 lbs 8.84 oz on my luggage scale.
I guess it just seems heavy compared to a tele or strat.
Definitely compared to a Tele or Strat, but that weight is manageable. You’ll get used to it. A wide leather strap will help tremendously. It’s the nicest tri-burst I’ve ever seen.

gibsonguitar1988

Reaction score
Nice guitar!

I'm team heavy on Gibson guitars. It's no surprise to me all of my favorite Gibson guitars are heavy. I tried a chambered LP once and I absolutely hated it. Thin, too bright, and lifeless. There is a chunkiness that translates to the tone of a heavy Les Paul. I believe the wood makes a huge difference in the tone and sustain. And I apply it to SGs, Firebirds, Explorers, Flying Vs, and even 335/345/355s too. I just think the heavier Gibsons sound best to me IMO. The most weight relieving I'm ok with is the old swiss cheese method. Chambered LPs are a no go for me personally. Not a fan.

I would hate to lose that top over some extra poundage. Get a wide strap as previously suggested and you'll find your back will tolerate it a lot better and you get a great sounding guitar out of it.

Latest Threads