New Korina Explorers and Vs

morelespauls

Reaction score
What is sparking my interest lately since we've talking about unconventional body shapes is the Ri Firebird reverse headstock. Yeah Man!:hmm::drool:

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every time I see a Flying V I think of the Bennie & the Jets album art from Goodbye Yellow Brick Road ...

bennie.jpg

Now all you guys need is electric boots and mohair suits.

goldtop0

Reaction score
Yes well some someone just might pay that.........who knows :naughty:

Shelkonnery

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course he would want that money if he can get it, but doesn’t the super-fast flip and massive price hike put Trogly in the scalper category in this instance?
I think he does contribute to the scalper market.
Some of his videos might have helped inflate prices of a few different models as well.
It honestly reminds of lame Supreme itens and all this super-hype-overpriced-flip dynamics.

Sharky

Reaction score
I am still perpetually looking for early 80's Heritage series Korina V's & Explorers though
good luck on your quest. I owned a 1982 FF82 which was a special run for Frankfurt Fair 1982. This was the most resonant motherfucker I ever had my hands on.

I also owned a Murphy aged Korina V and it was 7.5 k Euros which is more than enough. 20 k because there's only 19 of them? What was mine, # 20, many years before the 19 limited to come? Marketing BS in my book, even though they should be wonderful guitars

Torshalla

Reaction score
It is 100% market pricing… but then again, Gibson see the prices their limited run guitars go for on the used market… why should they not get a share of that?

Sharky

Reaction score

spartacus slim

Reaction score
It is 100% market pricing… but then again, Gibson see the prices their limited run guitars go for on the used market… why should they not get a share of that?
I think I must be old fashioned, because I’d prefer Gibson to manufacture enough of any given guitar to satisfy the demand from buyers, charge a reasonable price from which the company can make proportionate profit, and to hell with all the scalpers and used guitar dealers.

Last edited:

Torshalla

Reaction score
Andertons just published a VOS version, does not seem to be limited… but pricey for a VOS…
BA18ECCE-0C80-4E94-A7CF-7F6A245AF6B4.jpeg

Latest Threads