New Korina Explorers and Vs

guitarbob123

Reaction score
There’s been mention from Cesar that there will be more Korina V’s and Explorers coming later in the year with Indian rosewood and presumably VOS finishes.

I’d still be more inclined to go with a Banker made one instead and get to have more involvement and value, particularly as he has the Gibson license anyway

guitarhunter

Reaction score
I'll be going the Banker route. 5 for a braz board isn't bad and the price is the same for either explorer or v

jenton70

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I played the ML Flying V Korina/Braz board today. It's absolutely incredible.

DanD

Reaction score
Are you saying it's time to watch the Classifieds?

DanD

Reaction score
There's one on the 'verb now. $19,995 OBO!

I can see the explorers selling out quickly but I'm not so sure about the Vs.

Just too many at the elevated price.

Probably be some deals on those.

... well, if 15k is a deal.

Torshalla

Reaction score
They seem to be selling pretty well.
To me they are a piece of history. If it were not for the USA only limitation due to the Braz boards not having a Cites cert i d have bought a V… and it is very likely to be a great investment.

guitarbob123

Reaction score
This thread needs real pics.
Sure you can have replicas, but some of us don't support trademark infringement.

It is gorgeous, I’d be very happy to see some more pics too!

If the comment was aimed at the suggestion of going via Banker for a replica then you should note that he has license from Gibson to use their copyrighted/patented designs and pays for that right. No infringement at all going on there.

sws1

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It is gorgeous, I’d be very happy to see some more pics too!

If the comment was aimed at the suggestion of going via Banker for a replica then you should note that he has license from Gibson to use their copyrighted/patented designs and pays for that right. No infringement at all going on there.
Nope - wasn't referring to that per se. Prefer his stuff that is not a direct copy nonetheless.

sws1

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Always wanted a V AND an explorer. I think I'll break down and make them for myself. I have the wood, I gots the skillz. Just need to get the hardware.
And if they did "do it right", all the saddles would be jammed to the back with little room to move. This is a deviation that should be expected given string gauges are different these days from when they were originally built.
(If I bought an old sports car from the 50s, I'd also want modern tires on it.).

mjross

Reaction score
2009 Korina Explorer on Music Zoo! 15K

Last edited:

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The day I picked up my 2018 Explorer (used) there was an aged white V hanging up. If not for the fact I had just bought a guitar, I likely would have taken the V home.

Explorers and Vs are the only pointy guitars I could ever own.

mjross

Reaction score
For your reading pleasure!

Latest Threads