New JB Amos set

rich85

Reaction score
So after Epiphone release the "Amos" flying V with a basic spec sheet and Epiphone pickups, Seymour Duncan release their "Amos" set so you can upgrade immediately!

What a joke. Milk that Cash Cow guys. It will be dry soon.

Edit: I am not saying it should have come with these SD pickups, but at the price point it should have Gibson Burstbuckers.

http://customshop.seymourduncan.com/joe-bonamassa-amos-pickup-set/

tonybony

Reaction score
It's interesting that they come with Alnico 6 magnets.

LtKojak

Reaction score
The A6 is like an A2 in steroids.

Judging from my own experience with those mags, generally speaking, I don't think it's such a great choice for the neck position, but in the bridge position it could just be what the doctor ordered, specially in a naturally bright instrument. I would've rather had an A3 in the neck position... or an A2 as well, for that matter.

But what do I know, uh? ;)

Kostas.

Reaction score
$375 and no options!
I wonder when the aged/relic thing will end.

NotScott

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I have all the pickups I want right now so, these are not currently on my list. That being said, a fully charged magnet with a Duncan vintage wind is a killer combination.

darthphineas

Reaction score
The A6 is like an A2 in steroids.

Judging from my own experience with those mags, generally speaking, I don't think it's such a great choice for the neck position, but in the bridge position it could just be what the doctor ordered, specially in a naturally bright instrument. I would've rather had an A3 in the neck position... or an A2 as well, for that matter.

But what do I know, uh? ;)

there was an Alternative 6 prototype that was probably closest to a Demon with an A6. no idea why they abandoned the "Alternative" line after the Alt 8....maybe looking at the timeline of events going on around then might spell it out.

as for the Amos set in general, look at the specs. smells like a Seth set with cosmetic aging and A6 mags. sorta like how the Skinnerburst could easily be an Antiquity set with A3s (and an overwound neck).

it's common knowledge that the company has turned a few basic winds into more models than fashion week. why stop now?