New Jag body: 1964 Fender Jaguar, revisited

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got this guitar a while back, which had an amateur refin done by the original owner in which he just stripped and stained the body (without even removing the hardware). Here's the original thread...

https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/double-ngd-1964-jaguar-and-1967-telecaster.413818/

I always planned on having it refinished, but then flirted with the idea of just selling it and getting an all-original example. I made a video of it for the for sale listing and ended up really bonding with it (mainly the neck and pickups) during that process and pulled down the listing.

I was still thinking of having it refinished, but I know that would always sort of bug me as I really love original finishes on a guitar. A few weeks ago, this original 1964 Jag body popped up for sale from Vintage Correct Parts and I made a deal with Kyle for it.

After procrastinating on swapping the bodies (I'll post some pics below of the wiring involved if you're not familiar), I finally got around to it on Saturday. I also sourced some original knobs for it.

Here are some before and after shots. It actually looked really cool before and had it's own thing going on (I bought it after all), but like I said, I really prefer it having an original finish even if it is an entirely different body.

LkKHqyZ.jpg
7pecGlT.jpg

eyr88KJ.jpg
QZgofX2.jpg

NCGnta8.jpg
0BGdfiZ.jpg

4bGdSzP.jpg
QIpPlO7.jpg

FuaWtTh.jpg
A4tA8ui.jpg

YaURWgN.jpg
TyF0d7b.jpg

BP2rJ0a.jpg
Fwbm7XM.jpg

bum

Reaction score
Both versions are amazing, here's my proof of ID to be in your club man, these are both mine, and it's such a mixture of what you have going on it's a bit crazy!

64 Mustang, with a body refinished by someone long ago
mustang.jpg

My Jag

jag.jpg

I'd love yours though, both versions, man what a stunner!!!

smk506

Reaction score
I like both bodies. The original one has a cool leopard spotting g thing going on that reals of cool, the new one looks more correct though.

Did you keep the first body? If so you’re only a neck and some hardware and some electronics away from having two bad ass jags.

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like both bodies. The original one has a cool leopard spotting g thing going on that reals of cool, the new one looks more correct though.

Did you keep the first body? If so you’re only a neck and some hardware and some electronics away from having two bad ass jags.

I had already sold the refinished body a day after listing it, but the "buyer" never paid, so I technically still have it, but don't plan to for long.

rabidhamster

Reaction score
I got this guitar a while back, which had an amateur refin done by the original owner in which he just stripped and stained the body (without even removing the hardware). Here's the original thread...

https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/double-ngd-1964-jaguar-and-1967-telecaster.413818/

I always planned on having it refinished, but then flirted with the idea of just selling it and getting an all-original example. I made a video of it for the for sale listing and ended up really bonding with it (mainly the neck and pickups) during that process and pulled down the listing.

I was still thinking of having it refinished, but I know that would always sort of bug me as I really love original finishes on a guitar. A few weeks ago, this original 1964 Jag body popped up for sale from Vintage Correct Parts and I made a deal with Kyle for it.

After procrastinating on swapping the bodies (I'll post some pics below of the wiring involved if you're not familiar), I finally got around to it on Saturday. I also sourced some original knobs for it.

Here are some before and after shots. It actually looked really cool before and had it's own thing going on (I bought it after all), but like I said, I really prefer it having an original finish even if it is an entirely different body.

LkKHqyZ.jpg
7pecGlT.jpg

eyr88KJ.jpg
QZgofX2.jpg

NCGnta8.jpg
0BGdfiZ.jpg

4bGdSzP.jpg
QIpPlO7.jpg

FuaWtTh.jpg
A4tA8ui.jpg

YaURWgN.jpg
TyF0d7b.jpg

BP2rJ0a.jpg
Fwbm7XM.jpg
Looks great to me! maybe a refin?
Feel free to PM me about that stripped body if you still have it.

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great to me! maybe a refin?
Feel free to PM me about that stripped body if you still have it.

Thanks! I relisted the stripped body after the deadbeat buyer and it sold again really quickly.

Latest Threads