new headstock of 2019 Gibson Flying V

BigTim

Reaction score
I like the new logo but I think the pick guard is lacking. I would rather see the larger style 67 or even the 50's style one.

BKS

Reaction score
I love the look of no pickguard on that V. I don't really like a large pickguard covering so much of the nice finish. So less pickguard is good.
Like the new headstock logo but would have loved it with the larger looking trc.
I don't mind the neck, thinner are easier to play for me even tho i don't really mind a fatter neck. Have a few.

DrewDM

Reaction score

I'm not a fan of the look of the newer ones, they look like a hybrid of 50s and 60s style Vs. I bought a used one with Ebony board. This one is perfect for me.

Basically the perfect V in my opinion

Reactions: Gar

ashbass

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I love the look of no pickguard on that V. I don't really like a large pickguard covering so much of the nice finish. So less pickguard is good.
Yes. Now follow me here...
Look at this natural guitar and the obvious seam running along the top wing:

That seam is why the huge honking '67 pickguard was invented. Hmm?

Look at these V '98 guitars. On the right, natural with no visible seam, just very nicely matched pieces. On the left, a burst used to hide the hint of a seam. And in the middle, fully painted because the seam is too noticeable to make it a burst or natural. Bam.

I've heard so often on here about why gibson doesn't make a natural V. There you go. Imagine a 67 style pickguard on that natural guitar above and you'll be imagining that top point trailing right along the seam. ugh.

Oh, the headstock has been done. Flying V '83

BKS

Reaction score
Finish does not have to be natural. Just don't want to much plastics on....

But none and natural...hmmmmm
gibson-flying-v-standard-iced-tea-cs500248_1_GIT0035382-000.jpg
Gibson81TheV_82721023_19.jpg
Gibson81TheV_81541062_2.jpg

Latest Threads