new headstock of 2019 Gibson Flying V

zombiwoof

Reaction score
And it has Alnico pickups instead of those hot ceramic ones they always put in the V's!.
Love it, except for the slim taper neck.
Al

MSB

Reaction score
Love it, except for the slim taper neck.
Al
and exactly why I don't have a V or explorer anymore. Gibson, imo is losing out. I should probably just thank them as its money not spent. But I can only imagine how many would buy a real '50s necked non LP.

Norton

Reaction score
Changing a truss rod cover is one of the most difficult cosmetic changes you could make to a guitar.

Looks good to me

BWOTW

Reaction score
Just getting worse and worse. Half a guard, now no arrrowhead TRC. What next? Yuck.
I agree, they haven't offered a classic 60's looking Flying V in years. SGs and Exporers keep getting better (IMO) but V's... These ones are certainly not for me.

kakerlak

Reaction score
and exactly why I don't have a V or explorer anymore. Gibson, imo is losing out. I should probably just thank them as its money not spent. But I can only imagine how many would buy a real '50s necked non LP.
I'm kind of surprised they haven't just standardized two profiles as dealer "pick one" checkbox options for their USA line, across the board. Seems like it'd be something everybody would appreciate and simple enough to do?

Tanqueray

Reaction score
100% agree. I would love to get an Explorer or Flying V with a 50s style neck. Sadly Gibson hasn't made any in decades so used is my only option.

veeman

Reaction score
I have a 2015 USA that was made for the Japanese market. How much different are the 2015 Customs?

Same thing, you got what I got. Only difference is for whatever reason you white one has a small 2 screw trc, mine has the large 3 screw trc.

wmachine

Reaction score
Same thing, you got what I got. Only difference is for whatever reason you white one has a small 2 screw trc, mine has the large 3 screw trc.
I'm sure the CS ones must have cost more. Has to be something to justify the cost. Classic '57s? grenadilla fingerboard?

Scream And Fly

Reaction score
Nice to see that this and the 2019 Explorer are not factory-equipped with the terrible 500T and 498R pickup combo. I guess they’re good for heavy metal styles but I always found those pickups (especially the 500T) to be very harsh sounding with too much output.

ashbass

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Flying V '98
Three finishes. Made in 1998 for 40th anniversary of the v. I had the set. Sold them for a cello that my daughter doesn't play.

I bought another natural one. Meh. This one is the better of all that I had.

Latest Threads