New Harness Day!

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
A few months back I picked up a 2011 Les Paul Special that was previously owned by Steve Miller

E03A7FAE-3215-4C59-BF17-403F28AF69A7.jpeg

I love it to death but the volume pots were scratchy as hell, no matter how I cleaned them, and the taper.... well you know.

So, I ordered a Martin Six String Customs Holy Grail with vintage Black Beauties. It arrived today, I can’t wait to install this! Thank GOD Matt is back in business, right in time.

1590855434895.jpeg

Full tone report to follow.

Thanks Matt!

Last edited:

DarrellV

Don't bring me down....
Premium Member
Reaction score
A few months back I picked up a 2011 Les Paul Special that was previously owned by Steve Miller

View attachment 465893

I love it to death but the volume pots were scratchy as hell, no matter how I cleaned them, and the taper.... well you know.

So, I ordered a Martin Six String Customs Holy Grail with vintage Black Beauties. It arrived today, I can’t wait to install this! Thank GOD Matt is back in business, right in time.

View attachment 465897

Full tone report to follow.

Thanks Matt!
Well, shoot Vic...

Seems to me you should get at least one reply.

That's a great score too, BTW. Steve is the stuff of legends IMO.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
Great looking Special. I am interested to hear your observations on all the differences after install.
Well, I’ve been using Matt’s harnesses over the years in all of my Historics.

I use a one channel amp when playing live, so I need that taper his pots provide in order to clean up the signal for varying degrees of dirt.

I gigged with this guitar once, and will not gig with it again until I can control the volume the way I need.

Now, I can’t wait to gig with it as soon as Covid madness is over

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
MSSC site went down, right?

Where's his new presence?
Having no other recourse for this taper, I reached out to Matt via PM. He’s busy getting the business back up and running, still putting a website together, which is awesome news. He has a few harnesses already built, so I took advantage.
His name is MATTM on the forum now.

Mike I

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes Vic, let us know how those work out. :thumb:

I may want to change the pots in my 2014 R6, if the taper works better than stock CTS from the C/S.

Meathead872

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Having no other recourse for this taper, I reached out to Matt via PM. He’s busy getting the business back up and running, still putting a website together, which is awesome news. He has a few harnesses already built, so I took advantage.
His name is MATTM on the forum now.
Good for you Victor, if Matt hasn't already told you I bugged him for the last two years to reproduce those top shelf harnesses and hopefully I can go back to helping Matt along.

MATTM

Original MSSC Holy Grail Les Paul Wiring Harness
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words everyone. Just a bit of info (I hope it's cool with the mods) to where I'm at with things.

I'm resurrecting MSSC (sorta) in that I'll only be offering two products.:

Prewired MSSC Holy Grail LP 1960's Harness w/ NOS circa 1960s Sprague .022/400V Black Beauty capacitors ; and

Prewired Holy Grail LP 1950's Harness w/ Bumblebee capacitors. The availability of this harness is going to be extremely rare. 1950's Bumblebee's with the correct specs are super scare, thus very expensive.

I'll be using the same pots and such I did in the past.

The point I'm trying to get at is that this venture is a labor of love hobby. I'm not restarting the business per se. I'm just offering those two versions of the Holy Grail harnesses as time and availability permits.

I don't have a website up yet, although with 2 products it should be pretty simple, so PM's are best if you have any questions.

Here's another pic of the HG 60's harness. I have (1) short shaft and (1) long shaft ready to go.

HG-LP-1960.jpg

I was fortunate enough to get a few sets of Black Beauty's that are .022-.-024. The lacquered yellow cloth spaghetti tubing is actually NOS from the early 1950s.

**Badass carbon fiber template for photo purposes only. Yes, that means you too @Meathead872 lol

Last edited:

pmonk

Reaction score
Good news. The Holy Grail Harness in my 1980 Hertiage Standard 80 is the best!

Mike I

Premium Member
Reaction score
Good to hear Matt! Welcome back!

Matt, what taper is on your pots?

I have a 2014 R6 I may want to swap out.

Thanks!

:thumb:

MATTM

Original MSSC Holy Grail Les Paul Wiring Harness
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Good to hear Matt! Welcome back!

Matt, what taper is on your pots?

I have a 2014 R6 I may want to swap out.

Thanks!

:thumb:
They are custom audio taper (vintage type curve) spec’d at 550k with 10% toleramce

Latest Threads