New guy here, got my first Les Paul, and now am torn.

JohnnyPhatsaqs

Reaction score
I'm 35, been playing for 20+ years....and I've always been an Ibanez guy. I finally got my hands on a beautiful Les Paul Custom, and I have fallen completely in love. Here's my problem...I had always wanted the Ibanez Jem 7v. Finally got it about 4 months ago. I wish I had that purchase back. Now, I got it for a fantastic price, brand new, but it feels like a toy now. I am battling with just eating it, selling it, and getting another Les Paul. SOMEONE TALK ME DOWN!

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
Yeah I have te same. My Ibanez feels like a light weight toy after playing my Custom. But Im not gonna sell it because its great for Metal

marantz1300

Reaction score
You can have both.I have two 70's Les Pauls and a 90's S540 .I hardly ever play it,but its nice when I feel like it.
deluxes1.jpg

100_0179.jpg

your idol

Reaction score
what do ya need 2 Les Pauls for?!?! youve played ibbys for 20 years and NOW you have something thats 10x the guitar ;) . that should be enough my man! enjoy it for what it is. the Ibanez adds a nice bit of versatility...but then again...so does an SG :D

congrats on being bit by the Gibson bug, hold on to your wallet!

JohnnyPhatsaqs

Reaction score
what do ya need 2 Les Pauls for?!?! youve played ibbys for 20 years and NOW you have something thats 10x the guitar ;) . that should be enough my man! enjoy it for what it is. the Ibanez adds a nice bit of versatility...but then again...so does an SG :D

congrats on being bit by the Gibson bug, hold on to your wallet!

Well, I don't NEED 2 Les Pauls, but how awesome would that look on the wall?!

Make my ibbys feel shame :naughty:

EasyAce

Reaction score
I'm 35, been playing for 20+ years....and I've always been an Ibanez guy. I finally got my hands on a beautiful Les Paul Custom, and I have fallen completely in love. Here's my problem...I had always wanted the Ibanez Jem 7v. Finally got it about 4 months ago. I wish I had that purchase back. Now, I got it for a fantastic price, brand new, but it feels like a toy now. I am battling with just eating it, selling it, and getting another Les Paul. SOMEONE TALK ME DOWN!

You! Up there! Repeat after me---sell it and get the Lester . . . sell it and get the Lester . . . sell it and get the Lester . . .

Now, come down nice and easy, don't look down, just come nice and easy . . . now, you're safe . . . you're sound . . . sell it and get the Lester! ;)

JohnnyPhatsaqs

Reaction score
You! Up there! Repeat after me---sell it and get the Lester . . . sell it and get the Lester . . . sell it and get the Lester . . .

Now, come down nice and easy, don't look down, just come nice and easy . . . now, you're safe . . . you're sound . . . sell it and get the Lester! ;)

:lol:

your idol

Reaction score
so we were so busy harassing you we forgot the most important part!

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?!?! SHOW IT OFF MAN!!

Nix

Reaction score
You sir are in the wrong place to be talked out of buying a Les Paul.

Go to myibanez.com and post this thread there.

My two cents, sell the Ibanez and get a LP!

1970custom

Reaction score
Keep the Ibanez. Just screw one of these to the back and she'll feel better.
AC042151l.jpg

Arthur

Reaction score
Keep saving till you can get another one hold onto the ibanez

Latest Threads