New guitar means newly remodeled pedal board

musicmand

Reaction score
Well, since I bought the new Trad Pro, I've been tweaking and playing with a new arrangement of (mostly) old pedals. It's a lot more articulate than my Epiphone Les Paul, which makes the pedals sing like never before.

This was my rig in the summer of 2010:
2010-06-10%252018.41.08.jpg

Guitar > Pitch black > Boss NS-2 > Dano TOD > V-Wah > Soul Preacher Comp > Jekyll & Hyde (original) > Small Clone > Ernie Ball VP > NS-2's loop > M9 > Traynor YCV40WR

This was my rig in March of 2011
IMG_20110312_214811.jpg

Added the Swollen Pickle Fuzz, Qtron, and the late 70's Phase 45 (painted silver by someone before me). Began my obsession with great fuzzes. Decided that the volume pedal took up too much real estate (and it started crackling).

And today:
IMAG0354.jpg

Ditched the NS-2 because as I've replaced cables and power supplies, the buzz has gone almost completely away. Replaced the Swollen Pickle with a Mini Foot Fuzz and a hand wired Fuzz Face clone. My original Jekyll & Hyde died, so I upgraded to the V2, and I was able to add my Blues Pro overdrive (thick, fuzzy overdrive). The EQ had never lived on the board before, but I decided I wanted a little bit more tone shaping available this time around, so it sticks. The Blonde is now the last pedal in the chain, mainly because I've been doing enough amp-less gigs that it makes sense. Plus, it's an easier output to deal with than the top mounted output on the M9. For now I have it dialed in as a high-ish gain distortion. Took the amp channel switch off for now... it's too big and awkward. I've been thinking about getting a smaller one built specifically for the board.

The downsides here? The EQ is 18v and the FF clone is positive ground, so instead of two power supplies (OneSpot and M9 power supply) I now have four. I haven't decided yet how to deal with this.

I like the board like this. With 8 tonal options on the Trad Pro (not counting volume and tone variants), I have 6 separate gain sounds (not counting the Blonde or the M9). That's nearly 50 tones available within one stomp, and over 500 combinations. Add in my amp's second channel, and it starts getting really ridiculous.

What do you think?

arturocivit

Reaction score
Well, since I bought the new Trad Pro, I've been tweaking and playing with a new arrangement of (mostly) old pedals. It's a lot more articulate than my Epiphone Les Paul, which makes the pedals sing like never before.

This was my rig in the summer of 2010:
2010-06-10%252018.41.08.jpg

Guitar > Pitch black > Boss NS-2 > Dano TOD > V-Wah > Soul Preacher Comp > Jekyll & Hyde (original) > Small Clone > Ernie Ball VP > NS-2's loop > M9 > Traynor YCV40WR

This was my rig in March of 2011
IMG_20110312_214811.jpg

Added the Swollen Pickle Fuzz, Qtron, and the late 70's Phase 45 (painted silver by someone before me). Began my obsession with great fuzzes. Decided that the volume pedal took up too much real estate (and it started crackling).

And today:
IMAG0354.jpg

Ditched the NS-2 because as I've replaced cables and power supplies, the buzz has gone almost completely away. Replaced the Swollen Pickle with a Mini Foot Fuzz and a hand wired Fuzz Face clone. My original Jekyll & Hyde died, so I upgraded to the V2, and I was able to add my Blues Pro overdrive (thick, fuzzy overdrive). The EQ had never lived on the board before, but I decided I wanted a little bit more tone shaping available this time around, so it sticks. The Blonde is now the last pedal in the chain, mainly because I've been doing enough amp-less gigs that it makes sense. Plus, it's an easier output to deal with than the top mounted output on the M9. For now I have it dialed in as a high-ish gain distortion. Took the amp channel switch off for now... it's too big and awkward. I've been thinking about getting a smaller one built specifically for the board.

The downsides here? The EQ is 18v and the FF clone is positive ground, so instead of two power supplies (OneSpot and M9 power supply) I now have four. I haven't decided yet how to deal with this.

I like the board like this. With 8 tonal options on the Trad Pro (not counting volume and tone variants), I have 6 separate gain sounds (not counting the Blonde or the M9). That's nearly 50 tones available within one stomp, and over 500 combinations. Add in my amp's second channel, and it starts getting really ridiculous.

What do you think?

Where's the altoids box???? :shock:

musicmand

Reaction score
Where's the altoids box???? :shock:

Gotta save room for my voltage starver once I get it fixed. It will bring the Fuzz Face clone down to about 1V, and it really sounds glorious.

I do like having some picks in the altoids tin- convenient for when I've already packed up my guitar case and don't have my wallet in my pocket.

musicmand

Reaction score
Oh man, that's a great idea!

I do want to build something into it at some point. A true bypass looper would be cool- then I could find a way to sneak my 70's Phase 45 back on... I love that pedal, but the bypass is soooooo lousy.

Latest Threads