New Guitar Daze - NGD x 3

gibsonofabitch

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Over the last couple of weeks I have been fortunate enough to pick up some pretty cool (to me) gibsons.

First up is the Captain Kirk SG - this was actually an engagement gift given to me by my amazing fiance. She saw me playing this at a local shop a few months back and noticed how I'd never shut up about it. So after I saved enough and was going to buy it, she surprised me by saying she already got it for me from that shop. Speechless to say the least and yes, she is definitely a keeper. I just got it in and have scratched the surface of possibilities. Seriously such a beautiful looking guitar in person. Very stoked.

Next up is a 2012 Custom Classic Goldtop. I cant believe I was able to snag this up from GC for such a steal, saw some on reverb going for 1k more as of last week. It came with little orange peel-type issue which was easily buffed out. Looks seriously crazy in person. If its weighed relieved then im fooled, easily my heaviest guitar. The baked maple fingerboard is pretty nice, no complaints here.

Last, but not least, is a 2018 SG Standard gold series. I believe these were gc/mf exclusives. This guitar is just beautiful and classy. Love the gold hardware on it. This neck was the one that made me realize slim/rounded, it doesn't matter, they're all their own beasts. This thing lays so well and screams.

my less plus and songwriter wanted to model, too

Last edited:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Wow, you are so lucky to have that many super sweet guitars, and the Orange PPC212V with the OR15 on top, very very sweet indeed!

RocketKing

Reaction score
Holy six string slinger Batman!
Looks like the Collector has just made his appearance :D
Jokes aside, that's a fantastic collection.
I love the Goldtops and white SG in particular

smk506

Reaction score
They’re all gorgeous, but that 3 pickup SG, that’s the one right there looks wise. It’s perfect.

tzd

Reaction score
Next up is a 2012 Custom Classic Goldtop. I cant believe I was able to snag this up from GC for such a steal, saw some on reverb going for 1k more as of last week. It came with little orange peel-type issue which was easily buffed out. Looks seriously crazy in person. If its weighed relieved then im fooled, easily my heaviest guitar. The baked maple fingerboard is pretty nice, no complaints here.
It is traditional (9-hole) weight-relieved.

Midnight Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW! All of them are beauties, but I really love the Custom SG! Congrats, HNGD x 3 :jam: :jam: :jam: and play them in good health!

gibsonofabitch

Reaction score
thank you all for the kind words - definitely lucky to have these beasts in the stable.

moreles

Reaction score
she is definitely a keeper
Just to be sure, by "she" do you mean the SG or your fiance? More seriously, my '87 Reissue '61 LP/SG Custom is my favorite guitar, period. I don't know how the PUs are wired on yours, but I use "Frampton" wiring that gives access to some outstanding tones by being able to blend in the middle PU in a versatile way, and great control. I like this SG -- to play, to handle, to hear -- more than any LP, and more than any other model SG. Yours is wonderful. Your fiance is a thoughtful person.

Latest Threads