New Gretsch incoming

rxbandit

Reaction score
Pretty stoked for this one, ordered one of the new Streamliner G2622T's in Gunmetal. The color is stunning, apparently for 2019 they also revoiced the pickups a bit as well as some other improvements. It should be here Friday, I've already ordered nickel Gretsch knobs and matching switch tip. Looking forward to giving it a proper run-through on Friday!

Screenshot_20190305-075547~2.png
Screenshot_20190305-075555.png

S. Rock

Reaction score
very nice ! those new Streamliners are some pretty nice guitars.

NotScott

Reaction score
Congrats! I had a Streamliner briefly. But I had to return it because the truss rod was all boogered up. It was a good sounding and playing guitar and a fantastic value for that price.

budg

Reaction score
Congrats. What a beauty. I just bought my first Gretsch after 20 plus years of Strats and the last 10 years with Gibson’s. Really enjoying it. You will too.

Roxy13

Reaction score
I'll be curious what you think. I bought the same model but the Electromatic version 3 months ago (5622). I'm super happy with mine.

rxbandit

Reaction score
Well it got here about an hour before I had to leave for work, but first impressions are excellent! Plays beautifully and the color is stunning. Couldn't find any cosmetic flaws, looks great. Next feels really nice, just the right amount of "chunk" but plays fast. Looking forward to trying it out through my rig tomorrow at practice. Will get some pics up at some point and hopefully a video. Changed out the knobs already for nickel Gretsch pointers.

endial

Reaction score
Pretty awesome color on that. Gretsch does colors like nobody else.

budg

Reaction score
Youll find the fit and finish pretty good. I was unsure ,but was plesantly surprised when I got mine. Totally flawless and innotation was spot on. I ended up lowering the action just a touch and changed the strings. Now it has become my favorite guitar.

mandobandit

Reaction score
How are you finding tuning stability with the liscensed Bigsby?

rxbandit

Reaction score
Heading to practice to run it through the rig, but the only "flaw" I've found so far is that the nut needs to be widened. Simple fix, but the strings are definitely sticking in the nut.

Swapped out the black knobs and switch tip for nickel, improved the already great looks. Swapped the stock Bigsby spring with a Reverend soft spring and it's a big improvement in feel of the arm.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Heading to practice to run it through the rig, but the only "flaw" I've found so far is that the nut needs to be widened. Simple fix, but the strings are definitely sticking in the nut.

Swapped out the black knobs and switch tip for nickel, improved the already great looks. Swapped the stock Bigsby spring with a Reverend soft spring and it's a big improvement in feel of the arm.
My D string was, too. I also got a soft spring for mine :)

mandobandit

Reaction score
Too funny I just put the reverend soft spring back in my Guild Starfire after having the stock spring back in for a week
Soft spring is a better feel
I also have planet wave locking tuners and solid stainless compensated bridge
I have been toying with the idea of a Bryan Setzer signature 6120 from Sweetwater or the special edition 5240 for about a quarter the cost
I used the abrasive cord gauges from Stew Mac to clean up the tusk nut I installed

rxbandit

Reaction score
Took a family pic last night, shows the updated nickel knobs and switch tip (which really pulls it together imo)

I tried another Reverend soft spring in the Bigsby on my Gibson but found it to be too soft for that guitar and went back to the stock spring.

auriemma

Reaction score
Thinking I would like one, I traded for G2622T Jr. in Gold Dust on Friday night, Sold it Sunday morning.
I couldn't come to terms with the tone. Gretsch is very not me.
That being said, they very nice and well built. Easy to play. This one was flawless.
A little neck heavy, but nothing a decent strap can't fix.
Enjoy!

Last edited:

Latest Threads